magic!

"Y/n are you ready yet? Agatha asked walking into the bathroom to check on her daughter. "I'm almost done, this one piece of hair does not want to work with me today." Y/n said in a frustrated voice. "Here, let me help," Agatha grabbed the can of hairspray and began spraying it on the strand of hair that wouldn't stay, "There, fixed it." "How did you do that so fast?! I've been up here for 20 minutes trying to get that to work!" Y/n said. Agatha laughed at her daughter, "Come on, let's go before Wanda leaves without us." Agatha said, grabbing the bunny they recently got and walking out the door.

"Look, it's the star of the show!" Agatha said from behind Wanda, which seemed to startle her. "Agnes!" Wanda said out of breath, "I'm sorry. What did you say?" "Oh, I brought my pet rabbit. For your magic act." Agatha replied. "Yes, of course! Thank you, Agnes." Wanda said, grabbing the bunny cage out of Agatha, no, Agnes' hand.

"Shall we?" Wanda said, returning from putting the rabbit in her house. "Oh, we shall." Agnes said, putting her left arm out for Wanda to grab. Y/n was already on her right arm, so now Agnes was sandwiched between the two. "So, are you ready to meet Queen Cul de Sac and her Merry Homemakers?" Agnes said. Wanda laughed, "Agnes, Dottie can't be as bad as you say." "Well, you'll notice her roses bloom under penalty of death." Y/n said, the three girls laughed.

"Wanda," Agnes stopped walking and turned her head toward the redhead, "can I give you a bit of friendly advice?" "Is it about the way I'm dressed?" Wanda asked. "Yes, but it's too late for that. Dottie is the key to everything in this town. Country club memberships, parties, school admissions," Agnes said gesturing towards Wanda's belly. "Well let's not get ahead of ourselves." Wanda said with a laugh. "You get in with Dottie and it'll be smooth sailing from here on out. Just mind your P's and Q's and you're gonna do just fine. Agnes said, y/n nodded. "Or maybe I could just be myself? More or less." Wanda said with a smile. Agnes and y/n stared at Wanda for a minute, trying to decide whether she was joking or not, then laughed. "Oh, Wanda, that's good." Agnes said still laughing. Then, the three girls saw Dottie walk out of her house.

"Everybody, hurry up please." They heard Dottie say. "Hiya, Dottie! Your roses are divine." Agnes said, y/n tried to cover her laugh.

Wanda, Agnes, and y/n were sitting under a gazebo at Dottie's meeting. There was a lot of talking but y/n wasn't listening, she knew that if she just clapped at the right times she'd be fine. "This might help." Agnes said, raising a flask towards a woman named Bev. Wanda began talking next to y/n with another woman. Y/n had never seen her before.

"For the children." everyone echoed out of nowhere, or maybe it wasn't out of nowhere,
y/n wasn't listening. "For the children." Wanda said, later than everyone else. Everyone looked at her as if she had lobsters crawling out of her ears. Wanda's face turned red before she turned away to grab her water. Agnes looked at y/n, raising her eyebrows. Wanda started clapping. "What is going on with her?" Y/n wondered, no one else was clapping so they must not have needed to clap.

Y/n was messing with the necklace her mother had bought her a few days earlier, it had two stones stringed to its silver chain. The stones were purple, just like their magic. "Are we listening?" Dottie asked in an aggravated tone. Y/n looked up quick, before realizing Dottie was talking to Wanda and the strange woman. "Really, how is anybody doing this sober?" Agnes asked Wanda. Wanda rolled her eyes in amusement and y/n giggled.

Later that day was the talent show, 'for the children,' although y/n had never seen any child in Westview other than herself. Agatha and y/n were going to do a magic act, (they thought it would be funny to do fake magic since they both actually had magic), but someone had already taken the magic act slot, so Agnes and y/n stayed in the audience.

"I'm so hungry," Y/n said quietly to her mother in the middle of the talent show, "and bored." "It'll be over soon dear." Agnes said, "I could make pasta tonight." "Yes, yes, yes, yes." Y/n said, she loved her mother's pasta. Agnes giggled, "Pasta it is then."

Finally, the piano act was over. Y/n began getting ready to leave, when Wanda and Vision walked up on stage. Y/n groaned, "Another act? This talent show is for the children and there's not even one child here! Why are there so many acts for no children?!" Agnes laughed, "This is the last act." "How do you know?" Y/n asked. "I'm a genius." Her mother said sarcastically with a small grin on her face. "Shut up." Y/n said, softly hitting her mother and sitting back down. Agnes giggled.

"Hello, Westview! Good afternoon. It's so lovely to be-" Vision said, running into the railing, "I'm so sorry. Excuse me." Y/n laughed, "Did he just apologize to a railing?" Agnes laughed back, "He doesn't seem like himself today does he?" "I am Glamour and this is my delightful assistant, Illusion." Vision said, yelling. "I am Glamour and he's Illusion." Wanda corrected Vision. "Yeah, what she said." Vision replied.

Today, we will lie to you and yet you will believe our little deceptions because human beings are easily fooled due to their limited understanding of the inner workings of the universe." "Ok then." Y/n said with a giggle. "Now my wife and I will delight in your dumbstruck little faces. Flourish!" Vision yelled, flying up off the ground. Y/n's jaw dropped. Suddenly, a rope appeared around Vision. "Well that wasn't there two seconds ago. Did Wanda just make that appear? Is that what you meant by you were drawn here? They have powers?" Y/n asked excitedly. "Shh." Agnes said with a smile that confirmed y/n's theory.

The rest of the magic act was Vision slipping up with his magic and Wanda making something appear with her magic to make it seem like they didn't have powers.

Y/n and Agatha were finally allowed to leave the talent show, and began to walk home. "Wow, didn't expect that one." Y/n said, "Now you have to tell me all about their powers and why they drew you here." Agatha sighed, "Fine, but we're eating first, I'm starving." "Sounds good to me!" Y/n said looking at her mother. They both laughed before running inside the house to eat.