i'll keep you safe, i promise

"Wanda is controlling... all of this?" Y/n asked, very confused. "Yes," Agatha paused, "but also no." "What does that mean?" Y/n asked, even more confused now than she was before. "Wanda has everyone in Westview playing a character, I think this is some sort of sitcom that Wanda has produced with her magic." Agatha said. "A sitcom?" Y/n asked, "How is she controlling everyone to be a character? Are the people here ok?" Agatha frowned, "I don't think they are."

Y/n's eyes widened, that sentence scared her, "Do you think they need help? Should we help them?" "I've been studying the magic in this town and how Wanda's magic works, but since I haven't seen Wanda use her magic I don't know exactly what's going on." Agatha looked at her daughter, wondering if she should tell her the next part or not, "I think Wanda's magic is chaos magic. I think Wanda is... the scarlet witch."

Y/n was shocked. "But the Scarlet Witch is a myth. If Wanda really is the Scarlet Witch that means that she is actually hurting people, the scarlet witch is destined to destroy the world." "I know, darling. Wanda has all of the people in Westview under her control, there are spells running all the way on the edge of town. They aren't as strong as the ones where we live but the people there are still being controlled. That sounds like the Scarlet Witch to me." Agatha said.

Y/n looked down, Agatha could practically see the wheels in her head turning, trying to process everything her mother had just said. She looked back up at her mother, "So, she really is the Scarlet Witch then." Agatha nodded, "I think so." "The people in here really do need help." Y/n said with a sad expression forming on her face. Agatha quickly realized that she shouldn't have told y/n this much, it was too much for her. She moved closer to y/n on the couch and pulled her into a hug.

"We'll help them, my love, don't worry. I have this under control." Agatha said soothingly, stroking y/n's head. "Mom?" y/n said in a concerned voice. "Hmm?" Agatha said, looking down at y/n. "Do you think Wanda will hurt us too? Is that why you've been friends with her since she moved here? So we wouldn't be people she would come after?"

Agatha froze, she felt guilty, her daughter shouldn't have to worry about whether they were safe or not. They've already been through so much and thanks to her curiosity of the magic that was here she was putting them in this position again. Tears filled her eyes before planting a kiss on her daughter's head.

"We're safe. I'll keep you safe. I promise." Agatha said. Y/n cuddled closer to her mother, "I love you." she said.

"I love you too darling."