Ch. 16 - Call 911

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"Look at me when
I'm talking to you..."

- Vincent
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 16 - Call 911

▪️Q U I N T I N▪️

Vincent had just told me that this beautiful matte black Porsche 911 Turbo S was mine and I could not believe what I was hearing.

"Huh?" I uttered, my eyes bulging.

"I never bought the car for myself; it was my birthday present to you. But they messed up the delivery and brought it to the manor earlier than intended. You weren't meant to see the car until today, so I had to pretend that I had bought it for myself," Vincent stated with a slight frown.

Running a hand through my hair, I looked back and forth between Vincent and the Porsche, my mind running a mile a minute with various thoughts and questions.

"You, you bought me a car? A Porsche at that?" I probed, still in shock.

"Think of it as a thank you for saving my life in the warehouse."

"You didn't need to buy me anything, Vincent, I was honoured to be able to help you," I countered.

Vincent looked up at the sky for a moment before returning his gaze to me, "I know, but I see how hard you've been working and I know that you've been saving to buy this car, so I figured why not."

My heart lurched at his words and I could not help but melt as he spoke.

"That was really sweet of you, Vincent."

Shrugging, he commented, "Don't think much of it..."

I knew that he did not mean what he said in a malicious way, but I could not help but feel as though he had slapped me. It was obvious that my facial expression gave my feelings away based on the next sentence out of Vincent's mouth.

"It was just a birthday gift, Quintin, nothing more."

Letting out a breathy laugh to try and hide my embarrassment, I said, "I know Vincent, I'm very grateful for the car, trust me. You have nothing to worry about where my feelings for you are concerned. Relax, I'm not Jade, I won't ask you to kiss me or anything, it's not officially my birthday anymore anyway."

Vincent's eyes seemed to widen slightly as he asked, "You were thinking of asking me to kiss you?"

Turning my face away; I felt the tips of my ears burn.

In that moment, I wished that the earth would open up and swallow me whole. I do not even know why I bothered to mention anything about kissing. How was I even supposed to answer such a question? On the one had I had thought about asking him, but I never would have allowed myself to.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you..." Vincent commanded, pulling me out of my trance.

Hesitating, I slowly answered, "I wouldn't have asked..."

"Good! Because I'm not Dominic!"

"I know..."

The sudden change in Vincent's mood confused me slightly.

Before I could even begin to assess and think about what I may have done wrong, I felt myself being pinned against the driver's side of the car. Vincent's right hand tunnelled tightly through my hair, keeping my head in place, while his other hand held on to my hip.

Within the next moment, I felt his lips suddenly pressing against mine.

Oh my God!

Call 911 for I was going to have a heart attack, against a Porsche 911.