Ch. 7 - Grazed Knees

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"It's not my fault you scare easily."

- Vincent
 ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 7 - Grazed Knees

▪️Q U I N T I N▪️

A few hours later after my talk with Jade, I was downstairs in the kitchen.

It was around 3am and I was having trouble sleeping. Frustrated, I kept tossing and turning in bed, thinking about the incident with Marisha and Vincent catching us. My mind kept replaying the scenario, and each and every time my face burnt in mortification.

Whenever I worried, I usually got hungry, which is why I found myself standing with a skillet in front of the stove making some pizza bread to put in the oven.

I was wearing a black cotton tank shirt and matching lounge pants. On my feet, I had on a pair of grey fuzzy slippers with muppet eyes on them that Jade had bought me for my birthday. They were hilarious to look at, but so damn comfy.

There was a slight frown of concentration on my face as I put the frying pan in the oven, waiting for the cheese to melt, excited for the top of the French baguette to crisp up.

Folding my hands across my chest, I softly whistled while waiting for the timer to go off.

"Can't sleep?"

I jumped slightly as Vincent's deep voice washed over me.

"Dammit! You startled me!"

He chuckled softly as he walked over to the fridge to get a bottle of water, "It's not my fault you scare easily. Going to need to fix that if you ever hope to get that tattoo on your left forearm."

I glanced at his attire while he leaned against the counter opposite me.

He was dressed in a similar pyjama set to mine, but his was dark grey in colour and he wore normal black house slippers. His hair was slightly damp, causing the ends to curl slightly. It was clear that he had just taken a shower and I could not help but wonder if he just got home.

Since he was sleeveless, it allowed me the opportunity to see the tattoo on his left forearm.

It was a black arrowhead with fire-coloured flames, the insignia of the Calvetti mafia. All the members had one and it was my hope that I could get my own someday. 

Although with Vincent's latest comment, I wondered if he thought that I was incapable of receiving such.

Pushing the thought away, I asked, "Late night?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary. I ended up going to meet James and Da'mon to discuss the Albanian's shipment."

My eyes widened, "Wait, you actually went to meet James? On a Friday night? Did you guys even get to talk about business or was he too drunk?"

A ghost of a smile grazed Vincent's lips as he replied, "You know him, even if he's completely intoxicated, he's still coherent enough to conduct business."

"True, he's talented like that..."

"Indeed... But yes, against my better judgement, I decided to go meet him. Turned out alright, Blaire was there though."

Idly scratching the back of my head, I said, "Err, yea... I think they're dating, or something to that extent."

"Not my business. How's Jade? Is she alright?"