Ch. 3 - Sweating Bullets

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid."

- Dominic
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 3 - Sweating Bullets

▪️V I N C E N T▪️

Dominic was extra agitated tonight.

One would not know this by looking at him since he was an expert at keeping his emotions hidden. But we knew each other since we were children, so he could never really hide anything from me.

A fact which pissed him off.

It was clear that tonight was not going to be easy.

I had a feeling that Jade had something up her sleeve the minute she declined Dominic's offer to drive her to her birthday party.

This year, we were celebrating her birthday at one of Dominic's clubs.

The moment she entered the building and my eyes spotted her attire, I knew that I was in for a rough night. Keeping Dominic's fury contained was no easy task on any given day.

With Quintin's earlier heads up, I had already prepared myself to keep the man's wrath at bay.

"The birthday girl has arrived, and damn does she look fantastic! Wow!" the DJ suddenly announced as he lowered the music, causing the crowd to explode in cheers.

"What the fuck is she wearing?" Dominic hissed under his breath.

The tone of his voice was so soft that I almost didn't hear him. Everyone else at the table turned to look at Jade who was walking up the stairs to the VIP section to greet us.

The way Dominic's blue eyes zeroed in on her was like an animal stalking its prey.

His gloved hands gripped the arms of the chair tighter. A muscle in his jaw ticked, while his eyes observed Jade's every movement as she walked over to us. I could tell that he wanted to get up and give her a piece of his mind, but I knew that he would not want to cause a scene, at least not right now.

"There's the birthday girl!" Aleksandr said, immediately standing up to greet Jade, "You look amazing!"

"Thank you, Mr. Tolstoy," she giggled playfully.

"Milaya," his voice was deep as he called her darling in his native language.

The tone he used made Jade's cheeks flush as he flashed her an open and flirtatious smile. And I silently said a prayer as I observed the way Dominic watched their interaction. His reaction could be seen as jealousy, but I knew he was simply being protective.

"I told you, please, call me Alex."

"This fucker..." Dominic muttered.

"Easy..." I urged.

I had to hand it to the Russian mafia boss, he had some balls on him. It was obvious that he enjoyed irritating Dominic on purpose, which only proved to me that he was a madman in his own right.

Observing how he hugged Jade close to him; I could not help but find it ironic as I watched Jade flirt with Aleksandr while subtly trying to rile up Dominic.

"Okay, Alex..." Jade replied teasingly while wrapping her arms around him.

She locked eyes with Dominic as she peered around Aleksandr's shoulder, clearly daring him to do something while she purposefully leaned into the tall man's 6ft 5in embrace even more.