THIRTY-NINE

"I remember everything," Addi said and sat up straight, overwhelmed by all the people staring at her

"I remember everything," Addi said and sat up straight, overwhelmed by all the people staring at her. She saw her family and all her old feelings of love and confusion came right back, she could feel tears in her eyes, her mother had done some terrible things and she didn't know if she could forgive her, Emma and Killian, her real parents who she was taken away from, they loved her so much, the brought her up and taught her to be the woman she was now. It was all too much.

She got to her feet and began to run, she didn't know where she was going but anywhere was better than the crowded cave, she couldn't breathe, she couldn't think, she needed space.

She heard footsteps running after her but no voices, she dreaded who it might be.
"Page!" Or maybe not. Robyn was the one person who was there for her through all of it, followed by her friend's voice, she could hear Henry running after her, they had obviously kept her parents away and anyone else she might yell at.
Henry had always been by her side, he hadn't abandoned her, he hadn't left her to fend for herself and took her in as a brother should even if at that point she didn't know he was her brother.
Addi stopped and collapsed to the floor, tears had begun to drown her vision and every breath seemed to take every effort,
"Are you ok?" Henry asked and before Addi could react, Robyn had plopped herself next to her and wrapped her in a tight hug. She could feel her friends tears and she could feel her loss, and it wasn't just an after effect of the battle, something had happened.

She felt Henry's arm around her shoulder, his other placed around Robyn, he was crying too.
She suddenly felt a great sense of unease and fear, "What happened?" She asked barely audible even to her own ears, she feared the answer, what might have happened while she was out.

Robyn's sobs grew even louder and her breathing more ragged, "It's Neal,"
No. No, it couldn't be.
"He," she couldn't finish the sentence before sobbing into Addi's shoulder,

"He's gone, Addi," Henry said for her through tears of his own, "He's gone,"

"No," she couldn't breathe, couldn't think. Neal had always been there for her, she remembered now, she remembered his kind smile, willingness to do everything and anything to help her. The joy of a small child as he managed to hack his way into a restricted server or website, his warm laugh that always managed to make Addi smile even in her worst moods.
There was no way all of that was gone. It wasn't possible.

And what was worse was she came out here to get away from her own issues, identity crisis, trust issues but none of that was even comparable to the weight of this information.
How could she be thinking about her insignificant issues when her friend had just died, and not just Neal but the lost boys and Pirates, the casualties that had been a direct consequence of her existence.
It was her fault. It was her fault that one of her closest friends was dead. Her fault.

They stayed like that for what felt like hours just crying in a huddle with Henry trying his best to comfort them, no one able to fully comprehend that they would never see the boy again, he was simply gone. Dead.