THREE

Addison was lead through the camp by Pan and could see a handful of boys scattered around the camp, some were sitting and talking and others were having friendly brawls

She recognised a few from their earlier encounter, a smaller boy with a mass of freckles and a mischievous grin who had occupied a lot of her time as she fought off her captors and another brunette boy who she had punched in the nose.
Great first impressions she would have to say.

As she was about to walk towards the centre of the camp to meet some of the boys, a loud shrill whistle stopped her in her tracks. She turned around and saw Pan with his fingers to his lips.
How was that sound even humanely possible.

At once, all the boys froze and started running towards them, yelling and buzzing with excitement. She counted the boys, thirteen in total excluding herself and Pan. For some reason, she had expected there to be more and wondered why there were so few.

Her wondering was interrupted by a speech from none other than Peter Pan.

Addison found herself scanning the crowd as Pan spoke, zoning out his words about bravery, stupidity and lost girls.
It seemed over half the boys were around her age or older, there were a few in their mid-teens and three looked especially young.

Where were their parents or were they all washed up along the beach like her? Were there even sanitary bathrooms in the godforsaken forest, she dearly hoped so.

Her mind kept wondering, full of observations and questions.

"-Isn't that right, Addi?"

Addison snapped out of her trance and realised Pan was talking to her, she murmured an "uh" in confusion.

"Oh, we've lost her already," he said, "Were you even listening to a word I said?"

A smirk loomed across her face, one could guess who she picked that up from.

"Absolutely," she said with an overly enthusiastic nod of the head. Pan rolled his eyes, her brain along with him.

After being dismissed, she suddenly felt like she probably should have listened to what the idiot had said.

She then decided that until she knew where she was and how to get out of the dreaded teenage hell, she would at least try and make some friends to make her stay at least somewhat bearable.

A boy with curly dirty blonde hair around Addison's age caught her eye and waved her over, he was standing with a small group of boys.
She decided to go over, he seemed nice enough.

"Ay, I'm Chester, nice to meet ya," he grinned and for some reason, his smile felt contagious and she felt herself smiling despite herself.

"I'm Addison," she said shaking his outstretched hand.

He turned around and introduced her to his friends, "This is Devin," he gestured to the short freckled boy with striking blue eyes, "Ma best mate,"