FOURTEEN

What had just happened? Peter was beyond stunned as silence filled the air, waiting for a reaction

Waiting to see how he would punish the girl.

But Peter could barely think at all, let alone think of a punishment. All that clouded his mind was the way she looked at him, the way her strange floral scent was imprinted in his memory and was all he could think of, the way their lips nearly met and how he hadn't moved away.

He knew it was all just a trick, a trick for Addi to finally beat him and the sad thing was, it had worked.
Peter tried to clear his head and his vision was tunnelled to focus on the girl standing in front of him, he couldn't see or think of anything else.

It took a moment for him to take note of the watching eyes of the boys. They had just seen their leader in a moment of weakness and no good leader let his followers see his weakness.

"Congratulations," he said surely, finally finding his voice, "I'm impressed,"
Addi seemed stunned at his words but he desperately needed to take the attention off of him, to make the boys forget that Addi had won by merely taking advantage of him, by nearly kissing him.

He stood towering over the girl, "You fought well," then his eyes shifted to his lost boys, "I expect this level from the rest of you, persistence and resilience till you get what you want,"
His tactic seemed to be working as he shifted their attention to the girl and how well she fought rather than, well what else had happened.

A moment of silence rung in the air and he spoke again, "You may leave. I'd like to have a little chat with dear Addi," the boys left and he watched Addis's fearful eyes watch them leave.

He watched her silver eyes and mouth twitch, she was scared, scared of him. "So," she said awkwardly.

Peter ignored her, he was thinking.
Thinking about what he would do next, in the big scheme of things, he would eventually teach the girl how to use her magic but he hadn't planned on dealing with that till he had dealt with the stupid pirates and their stupid plans.

"I think you're ready," he said.

Addi looked confused, her brows scrunched together as she stared at him, "Ready for what?"

A smile wove itself onto his lips, "To learn magic of coarse,"

"To control it?" He nodded, "And why do you suddenly want to teach me?" she sounded skeptical and he didn't blame her.

"I finally saw the lost boy in you, I saw the same darkness, desperation and anger, but you have something even more than that, you have the ability to think like me. You showed your true colours when you finally gave into your instincts, I saw what you were truly capable of. You're the key asset to my plans and I need you to be ready, I need you to be on my side and stay loyal and, I've decided I can trust you," he paused and let his words ring in the air.

Was everything he said a load of bull? Absolutely. Did he trust Addi? As much as he wanted to, Peter could never truly trust anyone, but if his words got her to listen, to maybe even trust him, it had served its purpose.