FIFTEEN

"I cannot be late again," Addi groaned as Aster dragged her towards the med tent to help him get Bill to ingest his medicine, "Pan is going to kill me,"

"It'll be super quick, just hold him down and say some encouraging words," he said and she glared at him, "C'mon, Bill loves you," sure he did.

She followed Aster into the tent to see a frowning Bill, "I'm not drinking that," he pointed to the green, purple, brown mush. It did look very unappetising she had to say.
His knotty brown hair was brushed out of his face for once and Addi could see his dark eyes pleading at her seriously.

"It'll make you feel better," she said feigning an encouraging smile,

"I really don't care, you're not going to make me drink that gruel," his dark brooding face was now completely red from his strange Neverland fever.

She looked to Aster, "Do you want me to just hold him down?"

Bills eyes shot wide open, "You wouldn't,"

She grinned, "I would," then looked to Aster for a confirmed and as soon as he nodded his head, she grabbed both of the younger boys arms.

Aster came from the side and tilted Bill's head back, "Here comes the aeroplane!"

Bill shrieked as the vile substance entered his mouth and after minutes of struggling, he finally swallowed it down.

"I hate you both," he groaned.

As soon as Addi had ushered Bill back to his cabin reassuring him that the medicine was going to make him feel better, she headed off to meet Pan for her lesson at the sea caves.

Addi hadn't told anyone about the kiss she had shared with Pan two nights ago and neither it seemed, had Pan.

Pan had ignored her all day and only talked to her when she had shown up at the caves covered in cuts and scratches from stumbling around the dark forest alone. He had sat her down and healed her, then continued to train her. He helped her control the fire and then throw it and shape it.
The lesson was far less intimate and she couldn't say it wasn't a bit awkward. Neither of them brought it up or even seemed to acknowledge it had happened.

Pan was too proud and Addi was just too damn confused. They had left on an ok note but she was still very much confused.

Pan was a monster she knew that, but there were moments when she saw beyond the monster, saw the lost boy inside, the boy who wanted to love and be loved.
The boy who disappeared the moment she saw a glimpse of him and she had made it her mission to bring him back. Bring him back for good.

Addi was about a minute away from the caves when she heard some odd rusting in the trees, it wasn't the kind animals made, but a person.

Before Addi could turn around to see the intruder, she felt cold hands cover her mouth.
She tried to scream through the intrusive hand but it was pretty useless and at that moment she was not in the headspace to fight.