TWENTY-NINE

Addi sat back and laughed, "You did not,"

"You shoulda seen him too, throwing up all over ma bed," Chester cackled pointing his finger at a scowling Harvey,

"It was food poisoning, I'm telling you," Harvey protested, lunging at Chester.

They all laughed as the two boys wrestled for a solid minute before Decin blew a whistle with his fingers, "Enough boys, if you want to wrestle, go beat up Roger,"

"Oh yes, please do," Aster joined in.

"I remember back in London when Lester accidentally mistook my dad's wine bottle for chocolate milk and got drunk off his socks," everyone looked to where Chester's brother was sitting drawing in the sand while Jihan and Turner danced around in circles yelling some odd chant.

"He burned down the town square didn't he, they mustn't have rebuilt for decades, my grandma told me about that," Asker thought for a second, "I still can't believe you knew her,"

"Hey, I was going to marry her, ye bloody lucky I'm not your grandpa right now," he cackled and exchanged a fist pump with Aster,

"You guys grew up in the same place?" Addi asked,

"Camden born and bread, mate," Aster said,

"Why does no one ever talk about their pasts?" She looked around at the boys, rarely before this had anyone shed a sliver of their past with her, it was like it was taboo.

"Most of us just don't want to remember I guess," Harvey said, suddenly not looking so perky anymore, "Me and my brother had a hard life, a lot of us did. Pan saved us from it and now we're here, we don't have to worry about any of that anymore so we just put it behind us,"

Chester grimaced slightly, "There are some good memories though, I wouldn't want to forget, not for the world," He looked in the direction of his younger brother, smiling sadly.

Yeah, memory was a gift, one she didn't get the luxury of having.

"What about the rest of you, where did you grow up?" Maybe this was a chance to get to know her friends' stories, learn about where they came from.

"Well, me and Hank lived in Queenslake in our childhood. My parents died, so we left home and travelled the Enchanted forest looking for work, money, food, anything really. Pan found us one day and the rest is history I suppose," Harvey said, staring into the distance.

It seemed to Addi, that Pan only ever took boys who wouldn't leave anyone behind, he mustn't have known about Devin's sister Morgan, would he? From what she could see the ones with siblings were taken together, Chester and Lester, Roger and Kale and the twins.

It was a nice sentiment she guessed, not splitting up family, only taking boys with no ties who would be happy in Neverland, it was just more proof that Peter did indeed have a heart.