I Have a Dream

"Why do I always have to want something?" Ponyth asked.

"Because you're a demon," I said simply, standing up and getting in front of Kayla. I noticed the killadog started growling at Ponyth. Okay, that's strange. I thought to myself.

"So you've managed to turn one of my children against me," she said.

"What? I didn't do anything." I protested.

"Then why is one of my killadogs growling at me?" She asked.

"Maybe she finally got taste," I said with a mischievous smile.

"She? You've given my killadog a gender?" She asked.

"The killadog decided it not me. Maybe you should respect your so-called 'children'." I said, putting finger quotes over children.

"How dare you!" She yelled. "I respect my children."

"How? By forcing them to do your bidding? By telling them what to do? How about you listen to what they want." I said and the killadog woofed in approval.

"Shut up!" She yelled.

"No you need to learn respect, Ponyth," I said.

"I SAID SHUT UP!" She said, her voice bellowing within the woods.

I was sick of these games. I was sick of talking. I focused all my energy on my sonic waves and imagined them forming and becoming physical. So physical that they were visible. I then screamed at the top of my lungs and pushed the sound waves from my mouth and hands, knocking Ponyth backward.

She looked like she got the wind knocked out of her. She looked at me like she was looking at me for the first time.

"You're going to wish you never did that," she said as she stood up.

The next thing that happened, happened in slow motion for me.

Ponyth threw lightning from her finger in Kayla's direction. Before it could even touch Kayla, I got in the way of it, henceforth, it stroke me. I absorbed so much energy and heat that it was overwhelming. I fell to the ground and was motionless. Just like when Ponyth had used me as her carving tool.

Kayla rushed to my side and tended to my wound.

"YOU MONSTER!" Kayla screamed at Ponyth. She was crying, I could tell. She was sobbing.

Ponyth waved and disappeared into thin air. I sensed that the next time I saw her it would be the last breath for me. I won't let that happen, though. I just got Kayla, I'm not going to give it all up for a demon. It's not going to happen.

"Kayla..." I said weakly.

"Yes? I'm here, Piloma." She said as she held my hand.

"My chest..."

"You're going to be okay. I promise." She said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Pauliflower." I said before I winced in pain. "In my... pocket."

Kayla rushed to my pocket and fed me the pauliflower. I felt a little better but not enough to fight and not enough to walk. I tried to sit up but failed. I felt the killadog come over and lay down next to me, putting her head on my stomach. She was whimpering like somehow she hurt because I hurt. That didn't make any sense. I wondered if a killadog could link itself with someone else. Was that a thing? I didn't know.

The killadog jerked up and turned around. She perked its ears like she was listening for something.

"What now?" I asked.