I Learn My Greek Name

I studied the way that the killadog climbed up the wall and into the chimney. They must have been able to do that with any wall, or any wall in the dimensions. I tried to figure out how they did it. According to science they couldn't without some kind of sticky material. According to magic, they could do it with ease. I wasn't quite sure but I wasn't too worried about it. If it was important, I would've figured it out by now. For all I know our powers are linked, the killadogs' and mine, I mean.

I noticed Kayla by the door, she was staring at something. "Kay, what is it?" I asked as I walked over to her.

I noticed she was looking at some kind of keyboard. I noticed the symbols. I recognized them as Greek symbols, the Greek alphabet. The keyboard was black with a green glow behind the keys. It was probably the brightest thing here.

"I'm not sure," she started. "They look like another language."

"No," I said. "They are Greek symbols."

"How do you know?" She asked as she looked up at me.

"I used to study Greek," I replied simply. "This is a keyboard according to the Greek alphabet."

"What do you think the password is?" She asked.

I put my hand up to my chin, thinking. What could possibly be the password? It would have to be something that we wouldn't expect. Something that the killadogs could use against us. Something that someone wouldn't think of at first.

"Maybe it's war," I said.

"Could be," Kayla admitted. "Try it."

I put in the Greek word for war. It looked like πόλεμος.

I looked up at the screen and the word 'incorrect' popped up. So, war couldn't have been the right password.

"Hmm... what could be the password?" Kayla asked again. She brought her finger up to her lip and tapped it. I did the same.

"Maybe victory?" I said.

"Try it," she said.

I put in the Greek word for victory: νίκη. Incorrect again. I tried to think long and hard about what the password could be. I tried to run through the things that were important to the killadogs. No, I had to think about what was important to Ponyth and every demon ever.

Just then the words that Ponyth said came back to me. Everyone's powers are linked to yours. It was so obvious I felt stupid for not thinking of it first. I knew exactly what the password was and I decided it was so obvious that I knew it was right.

"I know what it is," I said simply.

"What is it?" Kayla asked.

I reluctantly put in the password. It was my name in Greek symbols: Πιλότος. The screen blinked green and the word 'correct' came up. I heard the door unlock and it opened slightly. Kayla and I looked at each other and we reluctantly went into the cabin.

What was inside was completely different from what I saw before. The living room and kitchen that was there before wasn't now. The cabin was filled to the brim with scientific instruments and plants. Hundreds of different sized beakers and vials. In the beakers were some kind of green liquid. I wasn't sure what it was but I intended to find out.

I noticed that there were also plants on the shelves. Why there would be plants in such darkness, I didn't know, but I noticed something else. Plants can't grow without sunlight or water and from what I've seen in these dimensions, they don't have either. So how these plants could be growing?

All of a sudden, I got a hunch. I walked up to one of the plants. I studied it. It had golden petals that had almost a strong glow to them. The stem and leaves were a dark blue with a black glow. It looked exactly like the plant that Kayla had given me to help me not pass out. It was pauliflower.