Kayla and I Have Sister Dreams

"You have no idea how much I missed you," I said.

"I've only been gone a few hours," Kayla protested.

"It felt like an eternity," I said.

"I'm so sorry for how I treated you," Kayla said, looking down.

I looked down at Kayla's hand and held it. "I could tell it wasn't you. It was the poison talking. I know you would have never said that to me."

Kayla looked up at me and smiled. "Good. Just so we are clear, I felt everything when we kissed."

"I did, too," I said softly with a smile.

Kayla got serious for a second and looked like she wanted to tell me something. "It was weird."

"What was?" I asked.

"What I saw in my dream," she said. "It felt so real."

"What happened in your dream?"

"I was a little girl again and I was just being transferred to the jail," she said.

"Transferred? What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, I had just finished saying something to people in a car, I'm not sure who they were, but I had been put in a cell. I was facing a demon. Then all of a sudden I woke up in your arms." She explained.

"Those pesky demons!" I yelled in frustration.

"What?" She asked.

"Those demons wiped your memory of your parents. They did the same to me but with you." I said.

"Come again?"

"Well, on my way here to find you, I ran into Ponyth."

"Ponyth?! Did she hurt you?" Kayla asked, studying me. She was probably looking for burn marks or scratches, any sign that I was hurt.

"No, but she showed me something," I said.

"What did she show you?"

"A vision of me and you playing as little kids. We were in a playground. We knew each other somehow." I said.

"Yeah, I was wondering how long it was going to be before you realized you already met me." She said.

"Say what now?"

"I've known you since before I came to the jail. I just didn't have the heart to tell you."

"The heart?" I asked. "But it's just that someone wiped my memory. It's nothing bad."

"Just keep going. What happened next?" She asked.

"Well, the next scene was us saying goodbye to each other. I just assumed you had moved."

"Yeah, we were going to but then I wound up at the jail." She admitted. "What happened next?"

"I saw you go to the jail and the last thing I saw was, I'm assuming, Monada wiping my memory," I said.

"What did Ponyth have to say about it afterward?" She asked.

"She said to ask you about why she may have shown me that. Do you have any idea why?" I asked.

"Could be a way to defeat her," Kayla proposed.

I put my hand to my lips, thinking. "I don't know, I think it's more than that."

"Could be a way to distract us." She said.

"That sounds more like Ponyth," I admitted.

"So don't let her," she said.