Things Get Complicated

I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this.

When Kayla and I got there I didn't even know where there was. It looked really dark and not dark like in the dimensions. Dark as if we were underground. So, I figured we were underground. I gathered my surroundings. It looked like some kind of old cabin but it was underground. That didn't make much sense. How can a cabin be underground? There was no furniture and no windows or doors. It didn't make any sense. I guess the no doors or windows makes sense since it was underground, but still.

The walls seemed to be dark wood and I didn't really get much else.

"Where are we?" Kayla asked.

"I don't..." I started but I didn't finish because I felt something in my gut.

"You don't what?" She asked.

"Sh," I said, quieting her.

"What?"

"Be quiet!" I said, a little frustrated. I was listening for something. I then realized something was about to happen. "Down!" I screamed and I pulled Kayla down to duck as an ice ball flew over us and hit the wall, shattering into a million pieces.

"Now if you don't want another one of those flying at your head, you'll listen to me." Someone said but nobody was there. Then I felt something pushing me and Kayla into a dark room and the door slammed behind us.

"Hey, let us out!" I screamed as I banged on the door with my fists.

"Who are you?!" Kayla screamed as she tried opening the door.

There was a deep, bellowing laughter that came from outside the door. "I'm your worst nightmare."

I kept banging on the door until something happened but nothing did happen. We were trapped in a room that was so tight I could barely breathe.

Eventually, I stopped banging and I sat down with Kayla.

I gathered my surroundings. There were two pillars on each side of the room. No doubt this is when Kayla and I are going to get tortured and the pillars had something to do with it. The room was lit by a single light above us, it was fairly dim and it looked like it was about to go out, kind of like at the hospital. The walls were made of some kind of metal. When you knocked on it, it was hollow, like nothing was in between it and the other side. Not like sheetrock or anything but like a metal bar.

"Who's doing this?" Kayla finally asked.

"I don't know but they really don't like us," I said.

Kayla laughed. "Yeah, no kidding."

"What do you think they want with us?" I said after a moment of silence.

"I'm not really sure, to be honest. But at least we have each other." Kayla said with a smile. She had a gorgeous smile. It was one of the many things I loved about her. She was always smiling so I always got to see that.

Kayla looked me in the eyes and just stared.

"What?" I asked.

Kayla broke her gaze and shook her head. "Sorry, I, um, sorry."

"Don't be," I said with a smile.

She looked up and I noticed her gorgeous, gorgeous emerald green eyes. My eyes traveled down to her lips and I had the sudden urge to kiss her. I leaned in and she did as well. My heart was beating out of my chest. Once we got close someone interrupted.