Chapter 43: Secretly but Sincerely

Lance's POV

Lily says she's spending the weekdays at Lando.
I watched their stream..
She can't access her instagram anymore?
Is that why she couldn't even read my messages there? Huh.

Seriously. Why is Charles so close with her. He's always beside her and he always calls her "ma belle". Sometimes I even hear him call her "ma chere". It's annoying.

LandS. Her reaction was too cute. I've watched her streams even the videos she put out before we met. I miss her.. I miss her everyday.

Overnight, Lily's new instagram blew up after their connected stream. I was scrolling through her posts and there's massive hearts and comments on each one. I see most of the pictures here were taken in Monaco and the previous races but no one knows she works as Charles' personal manager. "Personal" yeah right. He just wanted to keep her by his side so I couldn't make a move.

I texted her but she always shrugs off the nice words I tell her. I know she's a strong woman but online hate is tough. I know it very well.

Media was starting to create a buzz on her. She was allowed to go public now and I think I needed to move quicker now that people are probably going to think of something between her and Charles.

And Finally some alone time together~

She looked amazing, charming and mesmerizing. Her doing the photoshoot almost made me lose control. I wanted to have her. She was shining like diamonds and she doesn't even know it.

I was asked to do a photoshoot with her and this really lightened up my day. She got nervous getting close to me but quickly turns to a professional. The photos were stunning. I must say, we looked really good together.

Her modeling debut came and she needed that little push so she can get her confidence back. I believe in her and I believe she's the best one out there.

From one set of clothes to another, she owned the runway. I bought orange roses for her. It was her favorite. She looked happy with what's happening with us too.

Everything went smoothly until these girls suddenly came up to me and tried to get close and clingy. I tried to politely declined at first but Lily showed up and splashed me the cocktail. I lost my cool and forcefully removed the girl's hands and chased her outside.

We were throwing words at each other when she started slurring her words. She fainted. I grabbed her before she could fall on the ground. "SHIT! SOMEONE HELP ME!!" I yelled but the party was too loud. Quickly, I carried her back to the car. I went to the nearest hospital I could find.

"She.. she just fainted I don't know what happened!!" I said carrying her to the emergency room.
"Sir please let us handle it" A doctor went to check on her, asked what happened and ran some tests.

She was still unconscious. I stayed beside her holding her very cold hands. I tried my best to keep her warm.

The results were out after an hour and the doctor went to me with her charts.

"Are you her husband?" He asked but I just said yes. The doctor chuckles. "You look young. You two must be newlyweds. Anyways, she was deeply dehydrated thats why the drug in her drink went quickly to her system. It was dangerous especially with the amount they put in. It's great that you were there in time" Doctor says

"Is this common?" I wanted to ask because I have to get the guest list then. Who could possibly do this to her or any other person.
"Unfortunately yes" Doctor sighs.
"They've been using creative ways to mix medicine" He adds.

"Can I move her to our hotel room?" I asked seeing Lily in this hospital bed is making me sad and angry. I shouldn't have left her alone in the first place. This is all on me. "You can ask the front desk how"

After a while we moved her to the hotel and the doctor checked up on her for the last time.
"Careful" I helped her sit up. She felt fragile.
"What is the last thing you remember?" The doctor asks. "Hmm.. orange roses.. dress being bought" she said. She forgot about last night?

But the doctor says it's just temporary.. it's like forgetting what you ate yesterday, so it'll eventually get remembered at some point.

I asked her to sleep some more. It was still early and at least for some time I could stay beside her before she remembers everything. I hugged her close carefully and she slept so peacefully.

I woke up with my mom texting she needed a video of me playing the piano for her family collage stuff. I practiced a couple before I place my phone somewhere decent and pressed record.

"Never knew you played" Lily says softly as she sits next to me..
I was playing Over Again by One Direction. It was a bit embarrassing but I sang to her.
It did reflect what feelings I had.
I looked over she was starting to cry. Shit.

This was it. This was the thing that was supposed to happen in Barcelona. We couldn't just go on without talking about this. Everything piled up because we both kept on ignoring and not actually fixing what we needed to face. I'm willing to do anything.. anything for her..

so today, even though everything is a mess.

Even if Lily pushes me away.

Even though she denies her feelings for me..

I told her my real feelings and knelt down.

This is crazy and unexpected but who knows..

maybe she would say yes or probably slap me.

Wish me luck.