Chapter 12: I like you

"Lance.. I.. I like you"

It felt good now that I have said what I felt.

"Lance?" My heart feels like its about to explode now but to my surprise.. he fell asleep..
Did he hear it though? Oh gosh I feel stupid now.

we fell asleep after a long day.
I guess I'll find the courage to tell him my feelings some other time.

"Babe.." he whispers.
"Good morning" I mumbled as I still felt sleepy.
"I'll go training today and practice too"
"U want to come to the training? You can practice dancing again y'know.." He says softly.
I got up slowly still a bit tired.
"Hmm.. I have to get to work" I mumbled as I scratch my eyes.
"Babe you're in Barcelona" He chuckles.
"Oh.. right I'm on vacation" I yawned.
"About that.." he says..
"Hm?"
"Can you give me just a couple more days?"
"for what?"
"Can you wait for me until after the race? Before you decide on that job offer" He caress my head while his thumbs softly rub my cheek.
I opened my eyes after hearing that.
"the what?" I was so out of it that I just realized what he said. He chuckles.
"You can rest today" He kisses me and leaves for training.

Charles sent a message
Charles: hey 😊
Charles: have you thought about the contract?
Me: hey.. i just woke up 😴
Charles: good morning then 😎
Me: I have.. but I asked Amber for an extension.. 🙃
Charles: is the job too much for you? 🥺
Me: well.. it's more than I do but it's not really that..
Charles: then.. is it because of me? ☹️
Me: no.. I would love to work with you it's just that..
Charles: you can be honest with me..
Me: well.. Lance asked me wait until next race so.. I don't know what to expect but..I want to wait it out and see.
Charles: Do you like him?
Me: I do.. which.. kinda sucks..
Charles: why so
Me: I don't think he likes me the way I like him..
Charles: do you want to go out today then?
Me: don't you have training? 😂
Charles: let's have lunch yeah?
Me: hmm sure 😂

I went for my denims and got a cute blouse.

"Lily!" I turned around and see Charles with his car"What do you feel like eating today?" He asks as he opened the car door for me

"What do you feel like eating today?" He asks as he opened the car door for me.
When he got it.. "well.. what's your scheduled meal for today?" "I need more carbohydrates why?"
"So we can follow it" I laughed. "Hmm is there any restaurant you can recommend?"
"Ohhh I remember... let's go to this one"
While on the drive..
"So.. I was wondering.."
"Yeah?"
"How come you don't have a girlfriend?"
I suddenly got curious because I know he was with someone before seems like they broke up..
"Ehh.. it didn't work out that much.." he sighs.
"But its all good now.." he smiles at me
"You like someone then?" I asked jokingly.
"Yes. I actually do" Charles looks at me again and smiles. Sometimes I forget this man is attractive honestly.
"Awww who's the poor girl" I joked as we were on our way to the restaurant.
"I never got to ask you"
Charles said when we got our food
"What?"
"How'd you end up here? You said you were visiting Lance?"
"Uhh no I lied. I'm actually on a vacation here.."
"So.. how'd you meet.."
"Hmmm same day as I met you.. well.. we met in the first class flight, I got upgraded miraculously and he rented out the whole deck so.."
"We met in the morning I guess.. then we lost each other somehow then when I got to the hotel.. I wanted to forget the encounter so by chance I met you at the club that only had a dance floor"
"It just seems like it's been so long even though we met just last week" Charles said.
"Yeah i know so much has happened already.. I can't even comprehend other stuff.."
"I'm not sure but.. don't you think it's all too fast? Like maybe you're just starstruck?"
"I.." I sighed.
"I don't think it is at the same time I think it is"
"I know you're probably still in awe with everything around you.. but if you need anything to talk with.. I'm always here" Charles smiles
"You know sometimes I forget that I liked you too"
"You.. What?"
"Oh what I meant was I liked you all as drivers of F1. It was like yesterday that I go through your instagram and feel good about my day that I've seen your post" I confessed as I laugh it off.
"Soo.. you like me best yeah?" He looks so goofy and cute.
"Yeahh you're tied with Lance"
"But I have more memes so you watch me more no?"
"Yes I do watch you often"

We were having a great time. It felt like it was an ordinary day. The mood is great. The food is great. The company is great. It's all fun and dandy.

We went back to the hotel but Charles had to go somewhere because they had an emergency meeting so I walking in the hallways when...
"Lily!" Lando was running like an a penguin.
"Hi!" I see Carlos for the first time.
"Hello!" I greeted him back.
"Lily! Tell Carlos that you are a filipina"
"Err I'm from the philippines"
"That's not convincing mate if you tell her to tell me that" Carlos laughs.
"Why what happened?" I asked.
"We made a bet that I know another person with a different nationality besides the ones we know here"
"Oohhhh.. gwapo ka pero di kita gusto" (you're handsome but I don't like you romantically)
"No wayy!! She is filipina!" Carlos was laughing while Lando kept on badgering him "See I know somebody else besides you guys!"
"Salamat. Ikaw ay gwapita din" (Thank you. You are beautiful too) Carlos said back.
"Awww that's sweet" I laughed seeing them both is like watching the McLaren vids. It is truly fun. Now they're just running around playing tag.

I see most of the drivers are back from their training.
Lance was also back along with Esteban..
"Lily! Can I ask for a favor?" Esteban comes up to me with Lance. I looked at him and he put his hands up and shakes his head like he wasn't aware.
"Uhh.. depends.. what is it?"
"Can you go shopping with my girlfriend tomorrow? I wanted to know what she'd like for our anniversary"
"Hmm... what kind of gift are you looking for?"
"I honestly would like it to be a necklace or a ring would be perfect"
I gulped and looked down. This is awkward for me to look at Lance.
"But giving a ring... you're going to?" I asked.
"Yes I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend officially.."
"So you've guys just been seeing each other up until now?"
"Yeah.." Esteban blushed as he felt shy sharing
"That's so... cute" I think I heard my heart sank.
"Yeah sure.. I can try that" I gave a weak smile..
"You can give me the details tomorrow.."
"Oh and also.. about your room.."
"What about it?" My eyebrows twitch as I was confused.
"The hotel is fully booked.. can I borrow your room so we can decorate it and do a candlelit dinner" He says.
"Uhhh yeah sure why not"
"THANKSS! THANK YOU SO MUCH! You guys are the best" Esteban hugs me then hugs Lance and leaves for his meeting leaving me standing in the hall with Lance.

"I should probably.. get my stuff" I said as I walked to my room.
I was packing my stuff when Lance hugs me from the back..
"I missed you" he whispers. I ruffled his hair and said.. "where did that come from" I faced him and stared at his eyes. He leans for a kiss until his phone rang..
"Okay.. I'll be there" seems like he has a meeting.
"See you later babe" he kisses my cheek and hugs me goodbye.

I know it's hard.. I don't know what he thinks.. but race day will be my d-day. I'll confess my feelings by then.