pretty hair lady

day before wedding
waking up on the floor, on a mattress. with a bunch of throw blankets and pillows scrambled around, love my life. i turn to see chris and his snoring ass, then looked at my phone. "shit" i sit up. "chris, chris, chris" i shake his arm. "what" he groans into his pillow. "tomorrow is our wedding dude" he sits up. "yes i know" he stretched. it gave him a second to realize. "oh damn" his eyes went wide.

"well what are we supposed to do today" he asks. "well im getting my hair dyed again and going to lunch with maddie and make sure she's ok and not dying from stress" i yawn. "i mean we have a little time" he gets on top off me. "brush your teeth first musty dog" i push him off and went to the bathroom and grabbed my toothbrush.

"ah i gotta go anyways" i rush out the bathroom and into the walk in closet. "this is niceeee" i look around with all the room inside for clothes even a washer and dryer. "i know i did good" chris slips his shirt off and then stops. "do i have any clean clothes?" he asks. "you will once you wash them" i suggested. "haha you're funny" he fake laughs. "k im outta here love you" i kiss his cheek. "love you too" he starts the shower.

i drove over to a chic-fla and saw maddie sitting at a table, she writes in a notebook as she's on the phone. i walked in the door and i could hear her bickering from here. "no! i said i want the flowers by 11am not 6pm" she groans, slamming her phone on the table. "you okay?" i sit down in front of her. she shakes her head and pouts. "maddie i love you for doing this but you are working yourself to death. let me take care of the rest" i offered.

"are you kidding? no! it's your wedding you shouldn't do any work" she demands. "and you shouldn't be over working" i give her a look. she sighs. "want something to eat?" i ask. "fries and a lemonade" she rubs her head. "coming right up" a cheeky smile appears on my face.

they gave me my order and walked back to maddie, poor girl needs a nap. "here you go" i set down the food. "oh thank you!" she scarfs down her chicken sandwich. i just look at her. "what? im hungry" she rolls her eyes. "when's the appointment again? i forgot" i ask her. "at 2pm" she licked her finger. i checked my phone to see it's 1:30pm.

after eating we had about 10 minutes until my hair appointment. "so what color are we going for?" maddie asks me walking through the salons door. " probably something natural" i look at my red/purple hair. she nods. "cat?" a lady with an apron said, i stand up smiling at her. she sits my down at a seat. "so??" she asks, playing with hair.

"black" i smile. "okay! i'll be right back with all the dye and other goodies" she walks away and maddie had a sour face. "what" i groaned. "black? your dress is already black." she connected the dots. "yeah but my natural hair is a really dark brown so why not just black?"i shrug. the pretty hair lady comes back. "okay let's get started" she grabbed a brush.

after putting the dye in, we had to wait for half an hour until we could wash it. as she starts to wash my hair, i start to fall asleep. "cat" maddie taps me. "yeah?" i struggle to keep my eyes open. "long night?" she asks. "yeah we had to move more stuff in last night. we finally went bed at 5am" i yawn. pretty hair lady puts my hair in the towel and sat me up.

she blow dry's it, while brushing it out. "do you think you can straighten it too?" i ask her. "of course" she smiles nodding her head. she finished the blow dryer and got out her straightener. my phone started going off, i took it out of my pocket to see chris calling me. "where can i take this" i ask. "bathroom" she pointed.

"yes my love?"
"hey uhm we found out your dad can't come"
"what? why not"
"he can't afford a plane ticket"
"oh"
"we tried offering him some money for it bu-"
"he doesn't like it when others spend money on him"
"i'm sorry baby"
"it's okay, well i have to go"

i hung up and put my phone back in my pocket and smiled. i'm upset obviously, but i can't show it to maddie. she worked so hard on this wedding and i don't want her to think she messed something up. i walked out of the bathroom. "what was that?" maddie asks. "oh chris he was just checking in on us" i smile at her. she smiles back. i sit back down and let the lady do her magic.

"thank you so much" i tell the pretty hair lady. "no problem, you look beautiful" she smiles, and turns around and starts to clean up our spot. me and maddie walk out and my hair feel so fresh and clean and new, also it smells really good. "okay, do you want me to drive you home" i ask. "yes please" maddie nods her head.

she starts drifting off into sleep on the way to her house, i'm so thankful for maddie. she's the closest friend i've ever had. might as well say best friend. i pulled up into her driveway. "maddie" i tapped her shoulder. "we're here" she looks up and yawns. "come in and say hi to pinky" we both get out of the car. opening the door pinky started barking.

"hey pinky" she kisses my face all over. "thank you" i spit. jimmy walks out with just boxes and a shirt. he looks over to me and his eyes widen. "HAHA" i laugh at him. "not funny" he says running into the hallway. "well i should be getting home" i kiss pinky's head and reached out for a hug from maddie. "get some sleep, you need it" i kiss her head and walked out of the house.

i pulled up to our new house and saw a bunch of moving trucks and guys moving furniture. i get out of my car and walked in the door. "chris" i yell upstairs. "yeah" it echoed all the way down to me. i ran up the stairs. "what's with all the men and moving trucks" i ask. "oh they're just moving in the last of our stuff" he puts on a sweatshirt. "what's the plan for dinner?" i ask laying down on the bed.

"we're going out to eat with chandler, karl, tyler, jimmy and maddie" he puts on deodorant. i frown. "what?" he asks. "maddie needs some sleep" he nods his head. i head to the closest and grabbed a black shirt with ripped jeans. "nice hair too" he adds brushing his teeth. "thanks for noticing so late" i laugh sarcastically.

when we got inside the restaurant, we heard karl and chandler calling our names. i turn my head to see them all there, even maddie. she looks a little more refreshed than earlier. "hey guys" i sit down next to maddie and chandler. we spent the night laughing and talking about tomorrow. i ordered a steak with mashed potatoes. then we got desert for free because drunk jimmy told the waiters that me and chris are getting married tomorrow.

"i'm so tired" chris yawns. "me too" i get into bed cuddling up with a Lions throw blanket and getting cozy. chris gets into bed and start touching my hair. "oh wow it's soft" he starts brushing through it. the feeling relaxed my brain and i felt my eyes getting heavy.