1 - Water Boy

Annabeth's POV

"Are you ready, Annabeth?" Mom called from the bottom of the staircase. I rolled my eyes and threw on my black heels. Not my idea.

"Yeah, Mom!" I grabbed my purse and ran down the stairs.

"Don't run in that dress!" My mom, Athena Chase, scolded.

We were going to a dinner party thrown by Posiedon Jackson, one of my mom's many rivals. Posiedon's Godly Water was a company set on saving the environment. My mom was the owner of an architectural company.

Can you connect the dots? The dots make a large X.

I hopped into the backseat of the limousine with my mom. The driver set towards Posiedon's mansion. So much for environmental saving. Living the in a mansion doesn't help.

The car ride, like many with my mom, were silent and tense. She would usually go through papers or make phone calls, but today she was just plain silent. It seriously put me on edge.

I didn't know much about the Jackson's. There was a son and Posiedon had a wife. They were trying to settle an agreement with my mom. I would usually care, but I stopped a long time ago. Not like my mom needed me there. She just wanted me to come because she actually remembered me for once. Usually she forgot I existed.

The limousine pulled to a stop, and I got out, after my mother of course. We were mobbed by paparazzi and the press. I never got privacy. We waved our fair amount of waves and went inside, where we were greeted by Posiedon himself.

"Athena! Er... Annabeth, is it? Welcome!" He raised his hands and gestured around his home. Ours was better, of course, because my mother was an architect after all.

"Glad to be here." Mom smiled. She lightly patted my back, which meant go away. She was down for business.

I excused myself and quickly scurried away, only to bump into someone.

"Oof!" I said. Strong arms steadied me.

"Sorry, did I hurt you?" Startling green eyes bore into mine.

"Um, no, I'm fine."

"Sorry, again. I wasn't watching where I was going. I'm Percy Jackson, by the way."

"Oh, I'm Annabeth Chase."

"So you're the rival's daughter, huh?"

"I'm much more than the rival's daughter," I glared, whipping my curled hair back. "You must be the son."

"I am, and I declare this party is lame," he commented, looking around at the old people all drinking wine. "Wanna steal some?"

I gave him a startled gaze. "The alcohol?"

"Yeah," his eyes skimmed the floor, most likely searching for his father.

"We might get caught. And I'm only seventeen; I can't drink."

"I'm seventeen too, you know. I've seen you around school. And anyways, not like our parents care." He pointed to our parents, who were arguing in the corner.

"Fine, Water Boy."

So we took some shots, and I lost track of time. And memory.