Chapter 5 ~ Cranks

We had been trying to get out of the storm for a while when we came across an abandoned building and Teresa started running towards it.

"TERESA WAIT!" I shouted out at her but she didn't listen she ran straight in. I followed after her caught my arm on the glass whilst running in and tumbled down the small sand dune hitting the bottom with a thud.

"y/n are you okay?" Teresa asks walking over to me with a 'sorry" look on her face.

"y-ye I'm fine just got a bit of glass stuck in me that's all" letting a little chuckle escape my lips.

The rest of the boys came down and Thomas came over to see if I was okay I jus nodded my head.

"Right come on we have to keep moving" Thomas exclaims but I'm guessing Teresa really didn't like that because she argued back "no Thomas tell me what's going on?"

"It's wicked, we never escaped them. Ava Paige. She's still alive." Thomas says hearing worry in his voice.

"Hey guys come look at this" Winston exclaims and we all walk over and I shine my flashlight down on the ground to see footprints across the ground.

"they look new. Someone's definitely been down here" Minho says. I nod my head in agreement. "Let's all split up and try to find anything that will be useful for our trip to the right arm" Thomas exclaims.

I walk off over to Teresa and we both start looking for some things. Thomas and Minho both walk off somewhere whether as the rest of us stayed where we were.

"hey y/n over here" I go over to Teresa and she had found some tops and a jacket for me to protect myself from the heat.

I walk back over to Frypan and Newt to go and see if they had found anything useful for us all to use. I looked at Fry and saw he was looking at Teresa whilst she was getting changed. I walked behind him and coughed and he quickly turned around to see me standing there and he gave a little nervous chuckle, which I burst into laughter from.

Suddenly the lights flickered on and we no longer had to use our flashlights. We all put the useful things in our packs and waited for Minho and Thomas to get back to us.

Minho's POV

I turned on a button which in second turned on the lights above us. I looked at Thomas who looked at me with worry.

Something came stumbling towards Thomas so I shouted at him"HEY THOMAS WATCH OUT!" A woman who had purple veins and no eyes jumped up at the cage that wa S behind Thomas.

"MINHO!" I turn around and see another one of those creatures standing there looking at us before it started waddling towards us.

We both took of running away from the creature. We had to try and warn the others about what was happening. A lot more of those creatures joined us which I realised were called cranks as Janson told us before we escaped.

We burst through some doors and had to push all of our weight against the doors to make sure that the cranks didn't get through. I turn to my left and saw a big metal box and went over to it and shouted at Thomas to move as soon as I pushed it down, blocking the cranks from getting through.

Finally we took off running again and we were so close to the others. We turned the corner and saw the others standing there totally oblivious of what was happening. "HEY! GO! RUN Y/N! GO!" she looked behind me and saw what was there before turning around and started running till she fell over and I reached her helping her back up and running.

Y/n POV

We had been waiting a few minutes for Minho and Thomas when we heard screaming and shouting. I turned around and saw Minho and Thomas screaming at us. "HEY!GO! RUN Y/N! GO!" I looked behind Minho and saw there were some type of creature things.

I turned around in a flash and started running when I face planted straight on the floor. By the time I tried getting up, Minho was already next to me and helping me up. Thing is I could hardly run because I twisted my ankle whilst falling but I couldn't let anyone know that I did it as I didn't want to let them down.

We kept on running up some escalators. "WHAT ON EARTH ARE THOSE THINGS!" Newt shouted over all the screaming. "THERE CALLED CRANKS!" Minho shouted back.

We carried on running till a crank broke through some glass and collapsed on top of me. I felt something dig into me. The crank had bitten into my ankle causing it to throb and me screaming for help. "HELP!" everyone turned around and saw what was happening before Newt ran out and threw the crank over the railing.

"Thanks now let's go!" We carried on running when we burst through some more doors and were running up a hallway but all the doors were locked. There was one were we could get through. I started kicking the door with my good foot, trying to get it open, but it was no use. "HEY THOMAS! FRY! COME HELP ME!" they both started barging the door open with me.

Suddenly the screams got closer to us. The cranks were coming up at us trying to attack us. We were trapped unless we could get this door open. "I'll hold them back!" Winston yelled over the screams once again.

One last kick and the door opened. I ushered everyone out and running out before Winston came. We were about to shut the door till a crank grabbed hold of Winston and started pulling him back in with them.

Newt and Aris grabbed hold onto Winston pulling him free from the cranks. They both put his arms around each of their shoulders. They both went off to find the others who had found safety.

I made sure that Thomas and Minho were coming after us. My leg was starting to hurt really bad, but I had to push through and get to safety.

We managed to find a hiding place under a bit of fallen rock. I felt a few tears slip down my face as the pain was unbearable in my leg.

I laid in my brothers arms with Thomas holding me aswell. I fell asleep to the sound of their heartbeats...

Wow this chapter was long. Over 1000 words. I think I might start doing a bit longer chapters so I can put some more details into them. Also don't mind me if there are any grammar mistakes I'm not the best at grammar although I'm in g2 which is grammar band but oh well! Hope you enjoyed! BYE! <3