Chapter 4 ~ Escaping

I burst open the vent door and ran up to the bunk beds and started tying them up on the door.

"woah y/n what's going on?" Newt asked concerned

"we gotta go. We gotta leave now. Come on!" I shouted back. I kept rushing around grabbing things to stop Janson and his guards from getting us.

"Aris what did you see? Thomas!?" Minho shouted

"it's wicked! It's always been wicked! She's alive!" Thomas shouted at Minho

"who's alive?" Newt asked

"Ava Paige" everyone looked at me shocked as I replied.

I had fished tying up the door and I rushed everyone into the vents before Janson got to us. We crawled through the vents following Aris.

We got out of the vents and Aris spoke up "you guys go ahead I have to do something" "what no come on" I complained "trust me you guys wanna get out her right" we nodded our heads "then go!" Winston decided to go with him and we turned a corner to go and find Teresa when a doctor was there.

"What are you kids going out?" She looked at us confused. A few seconds later an alarm went off and Thomas grabbed hold of the doctor and forced her to take us to Teresa.

We turned another corner when a guard with a gun spotted us and started walking towards us. We quickly turned around and tried to find another way out when Minho stopped and looked back to where the guard was coming from.

"Minho come on let's go!" I shouted. Instead of Minho coming back to us he ran straight towards the guard knocking the guard unconscious and picking up the gun.

"Shit Minho" I exclaimed

We carried on running when we reached the door that Teresa was apparently in. The doctor opened the door and the others in there looked at the doctor confused when Thomas burst through and pointed the gun at the doctors.

"Where is she! Where's Teresa!" Thomas shouted.

One of the doctors pointed towards a curtain and Thomas ran over pulling the curtain back and revealing an unconscious Teresa. Thomas shook her and she slowly opened up her eyes.

"Come on Teresa we've got to go" he quietly told her.

"w-what's happening?" She looked so confused as fuck

She stood up and walked over to me gave me a small smile putting her arms round my shoulder.

"uhh guys we have a problem!" Frypan exclaimed. I looked at the and saw Janson and his guards coming towards us with guns.

"Frypan move!" Newt shouted and put a table in front of the door giving us time to find a way out. If that was possible.

"Hey y/n help me!" I turn around and see Thomas holding a chair trying to smash a glass window.

I help him smash it. It was pretty easy. Thomas helps me over whilst Frypan, Minho and Newt make sure Janson and his guards can't get in.

We run down a hallway that leads us to the exit of the compound. We reached the door and Thomas pulled out the key-card that is supposed to let us out of here. Thomas kept on sliding it through the keypad but it wasn't working. 'Shit' he kept muttering to himself.

"Thomas, y/n!" Janson calls out. I pick up the gun and slowly start walking towards him. "OPEN THIS DOOR JANSON!"

"You really don't want me to" he exclaims "OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!" I spat back

"Listen to me, I'm trying to save your life. The maze is one thing but you kids wouldn't last one day out in the scorch. If the elements don't kill you, the cranks will. Y/N you have to believe me. I only want what's best for you" Janson says

"ye let me guess wicked is good" Thomas says who stood next to me.

"your not getting through that door Thomas" suddenly the door opens up revealing Aris and Winston stood on the other side. "hey guys!" Aris says out of breath.

Everyone runs out leaving me and Thomas still with Janson. "come on Thomas and y/n let's go!"

I start shooting at Janson whilst Thomas runs to the others. Suddenly I run out of ammo. I start running away but not before I throw the gun at the guards. Knocking one of them over. "Y/N COME ON!" Thomas shouts out at me.

I start running faster towards the door. "shut the main vault door! Shut the main vault door!" Janson shouts into his walkie talkie. The door started closing. "COME ON Y/N!" everyone shouts at me.

I slide under the door at the last second just before it closes. I stand up and stick my middle finger up and Janson. Aris uses a metal bar and smashes the keypad so Janson couldn't get through. "you little shit" he says as he runs up to the door.

We run towards the bigger doors and Minho opens it up. Exposing us to the scorch. Sand started sweeping in and we made a run for it. I intertwined my fingers with Thomas so that I wouldn't loose him.

Finally we had escaped wicked. Or so I thought....

Hey I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry if it's a bit longer than usual. Tell me if you prefer short or long chapters! Bye shanks! <3