Chapter 8 ~ The storm

We couldn't find any shelter so that night we ended up laying on the hard floor. I laid next to Newt and cuddled into his side.

"thank you Newt" he looked at me with a confused face "thank you for what, love?" "for being there for me when this situation has happened. You've stuck with me from the beginning and I really appreciate it. I love you Newt" I smiled him "I love you to y/n" kissing me on the forehead before pulling me closer into him and laying my head down on his chest falling into a deep sleep.

It felt like a few minutes had passed when I heard people starting to get up. Newt shook me awake. "y/n get up. We've gotta go". I stand up and see lights in the distance and everyone grabbing there belongings.

We start moving when a flash of lightning hits the ground. "alright we got to go, come on!" Everyone starts running towards where the lights were.

I held onto Newts hand the whole time whilst running as I felt like if I let go something bad would happen to me. I nearly reached the building when I saw a lighting strike hit a car right next to us. I was lucky enough to not get hit. But I guess I spoke to soon because a second later something harsh hit by skin burning it.

I screamed out in agony. It burnt like hell.

I flew across the ground lying in a heap on the floor. Ringing filled up my ears and my conscious suddenly went black.

Newts POV

I held onto y/n hand not letting go. The lighting was getting closer to us and it was hard to avoid any that came near us.

Suddenly a lighting bolt struck y/n right in the side sending her flying away from me across the floor. It also impacted me to fall to the ground. Ringing noises filled up my ears making them hurt bad.

I managed to get up and try to see where y/n was. And sure enough she was lying down on the ground not moving. Aris and I ran towards y/n to pick her up and bring her into safety. Everyone else was indoors screaming our names.

We picked her up and ran towards the building. Fry pan shut the door behind us and we placed y/n on the floor.

Minho ran over and started shaking y/n for her to wake up. I saw a few tears slip from his eyes. I mean after all he was her brother. Tears flowed down my face aswell. I didn't want her to die otherwise I would never be able to tell her how I feel.

Suddenly y/n sat up gasping for air. I ran to her aid and hugged her tight. "geez y/n you scared the living daylights out and of us!" I said pulling her closer to me. "did I get struck by lightening?" I nodded "wow typical. I mean Karmas a bitch for saying it wouldn't hit me I guess" she said chucking.

Y/n POV

Newt helped me up and I held his hand tight scares that something was going to jump out at us at any moment. "what is that smell?" Teresa pointed out then, at that moment a crank jumped out and made us all jump back in fright. "woah woah!" Newt gripped my hand tighter "that smells horrible" I commented.

"I see you've met our guard dogs" I look up and see a woman with short hair looking at us "Follow me" we all stayed put "unless you wanna stay here with them".

We followed the girl and Newt whispered into my ear "stay close to me and don't let go of my hand, okay?" I nodded. We were led up to this old building which people started staring at us.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter remember to comment and vote and I'll see you in another chapter! Bye! <3