Chapter 15 ~ Betrayal

I ran down with Newt and the others to help anybody that was in trouble.

We all found Vince and Harriet shooting so we joined them and shot down any wicked guards that came near us.

I saw Newt in the corner of my eye looking at me a lot. I'm sure all he was trying to do was look out for me making sure I didn't get hurt.

We carried on shooting until something was thrown at us and landed in the truck. I looked down and saw what it was.

BANG! It exploded making us all fall to the floor in pain. I was shaking uncontrollably as the electric hurt me.

We all had our hands behind our backs and we're ordered to be put in a line next to each other.

I saw Janson walk up to me and suddenly i felt a sting on my cheek. He had slapped me. "Serves you right y/n." Ratman says before he starts asking where Thomas is.

"You okay y/n?" Newt asks me. I just nodded my head trying to make sure it looked like I wasn't in any pain.

Suddenly a blinding light shone into my eyes and I looked up to see a berg landing in front of us. When it landed none other than Ava Paige walked out of the berg with a smirk on her face.

"Is it all of them?" She asks Janson "it'll be enough" he replies "good now start loading them in" she shouts.

She walks over to us and Teresa slowly walks over to her.

"I'm glad your safe"Ava tells her.

We all were brought up to our feet pushed towards Ava Paige.

I was about to run up to hug her when Thomas pulled me back. I looked at him in the eye and I could tell he was about to cry.

"Hang on what's happening?" I asked confused.

"She's with them" Thomas said solidly "W-what? Teresa we trusted you! Why did you do this!" I felt tears falls down my eyes I didn't want to go back to wicked I couldn't face it.

"Oh Teresa has always had a development with wicked and it was about time it happened" ratman says.

"I had no choice this is the only way. We have to find a cure." Teresa speaks up.

"She's right this is all just a means to an end. You used to understand that Thomas. No matter what you think of me I am a doctor not a monster I swear to oath to find a cure. We just need more time" she finishes when another voice spoke up.

"More blood" I turned around and saw Mary looking at Ava.

"It's time we meet again Mary."

"Ye time we meet again when my conscious is clear."

"My conscious is clear" Ava gave Mary a devilish look before a gun shot went off.

We all heard screaming and saw Vince shaking Mary. She was shot. I felt a few tears escape my eyes.

Suddenly we were starting to be pushed towards the berg.

"STOP EVERYBODY STAY AWAY" Thomas shouted. I looked at him and he held a bomb in his hands.

"EVERYBODY HOLD YOUR FIRE!" Ratman shouted.

"Let them all go! LET THEM GO!" Thomas shouted.

"You know I can't do that Thomas" Ava says.

"I'm not going back there. None of us are just let them go."

We all huddled up together in a group. I closed my eyes waiting for my death to come upon me when I heard a honk off a car.

We all turned around and saw Jorge from a distance. Everyone then started running around trying to get away from all the guards.

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!" I jumped onto the ground with Newt covering me making sure he risks his life for me.

BOOM! The bomb went off and guards flew in the air. Dead. All of us ran back to the truck and started firing guns at them.

I saw Minho with a small hand gun so I ran up to him and tried pulling him with me.

"Y/n go i'll be right behind you" Minho tells me. I run back to the truck and start calling for Minho when I see guards picking up on Minho.

I see Minho give me a look and he lip syncs 'I love you' before he gets shot with an electrical gun and falls to the floor. I scream trying to run after him when I'm held back by Thomas.

I knees Thomas in the gut and tan towards Minho but he was already on the berg and the doors were closing slowly so i jumped and grabbed onto them trying to pull myself over when I felt my grip loosening and then I felt myself falling to the ground.

I closed my eyes thinking about what just happened. Tears slipped down my cheeks. I felt a pair of arms catch me and lower me down to the ground.

I just look at the berg that's flying away and feel guilt. My brother is gone. Wicked has him.

I'm back! The next chapter is the last chapter for the scorch trials then onto the death cure! Thank you so much for being patient whilst I update I've been struggling with my mental health lately and needed a break but I'm back and uploading! I love you all! <3