Chapter 11 ~ Cranks

We got up from being near enough buried under the debris when I started coughing badly. "You okay?" I heard Brenda call out to me. "Yea yea I'm good it's just a little dark in here" Brenda then threw me a torch which I turned on and all I saw was cobwebs and the scent was absolutely horrid making me wanting to gag.

"Hey come on let's start moving!" She exclaimed and we started walking through these tunnels.

It smelt horrid down the tunnels and it felt like we had been walking for ages when I saw a light and called out Brendas name but I had no reply.

"Brenda?" I called again and she relied this time "over here!" I heard her call.

I walked over to see her following this path which looked like dead bodies on either side and dead mice scattered everywhere.

Suddenly we heard a squeaking sound and it came from a smaller tunnel inside. We both stepped away slowly trying to get away from whatever was in there when a small mouse just dropped to the floor in front of us and started running away quickly.

We both let out a sigh and just looked at the mouse running away, when a hand grabbed hold of it and put it in its mouse. We both looked at each other and looked back and we realised other creatures started moving out of the walls and before we knew it they were up on there feet and we decided to make a run for it.

We ran through a tunnel leading us into light. When we got near the end we nearly ran down into the debris lying down below us.

"Woah! Careful! Follow me!" Brenda shouted at me over all of the screaming.

She had started climbing up a Rocky Mountain slide which had old home parts on it making it difficult for me not to slip on one.

The cranks weren't far behind us and I was starting to panic hard as I was already bitten by one badly and I didn't need to be bitten by another one making it worse. We carried on running up the debris before Brenda called my name. I looked up and saw something flying down towards me. I dodged it just in time and instead of hitting me it hit a crank making it fall to its death.

We carried on climbing up and we started running up this broken building. I wasn't to far behind Brenda. I went in front of her and grabbed hold of a pole to help her up when the pole broke and sent me flying down onto a piece of glass breaking a door as I went.

I groaned in pain as I tried sitting up but Brenda shouted at me not to move.

"y/n don't move! The glass will break otherwise!" Brenda shouted at me. I look down and see that I'm lying on glass around 100 feet in the air. If that glass breaks I'll die and I don't really fancy that.

Brenda started climbing down to me before a hideous sheesh filled our ears. A crank was standing by the broken door and in a split second it jumped down and landed right on top of me making me grunt in pain.

It started scratching me in the ankle making me scream. Brenda held out her hand trying to grab hold of mine. I reached to grab it but the crank pulled me away with his teeth in my ankle.

I was going to be infected badly and I knew I wasn't going to make it. Brenda reached out her hand once again and I managed to grab it in time before she smashed the glass making the crank fall down to its death beneath us.

Brenda pulled me up and I thanked her over and over again before we started moving again to find whatever Brenda was looking for.

Hey I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! This was written on my phone so I'm sorry if there are any spelling mistakes or anything! Anyways thank you so much for 77 reads! Like what! I love you all so much! Bye <3