Chapter 72 ❤️ Not yet ❤️

Start from the beginning

"You know, 'that'." She shrugs her shoulder and give me a sheepish smile.

"What are y-" I want to ask again and then I realized what she meant and widen my eyes at her.

"You didn't mean 'that' as in 'that', right?" I give her a glare.

She shakes her head, "Unfortunately, I really asked about 'that'."

I scrunch my nose at her as it is awkward to ask that kind of question but since it's her, I answer her anyway.

"No, we didn't cross the line, okay? And we didn't even talk anything about it."

"But, why?" She really sounds dissatisfied with my answer.

"What do you mean by why? We're still new, Harley. I'm not going to lose it anytime soon. Not for now, at least." I sigh.

"But, you have the plan?"

"Harley! Stop it!"

"What? I'm just curious!"

I roll my eyes at her. "I don't know, maybe yes. Maybe no. I just don't give it any thought. That's all, okay? No more questions."

She pouted at my answer and says, "I thought you are finally coming back with a bigger news."

I fake laugh at her. "Haha. He even rented a guest house so that we can have separate rooms lol. He knew I would be uncomfortable. So, basically, it's only you who has that kind of idea."

"Awh. Gentleman. When will I get one?"

I clear my throat at her question. And say, "He's not that far though." quietly and cough again.

"What?"

"Nothing. I didn't say anything. Have you finished your breakfast? I'll take this and wash the dishes."

She nods so I take our plates and wash them and just when I finish, Mom comes back with her hand bag in one hand.

"Hey, Harley. Good morning." Harley replies with a good morning too.

"Okay, let's go. Can you help me bring this bag, Abby? I need to take the box."

I take her handbag and bring my bag in another hand. I told Harley to take my water bottle and tennis racket behind the door and we're good to go.

We arrive at the same time of Ryan so we meet him at the parking lot. I hug and kiss his cheek as soon as I see him.

"Nice outfit." He says and I eye his outfit. He's wearing a white jersey and black Nike shorts.

"This? My tennis outfit?" I raise one eyebrow.

"Well, I've never seen you wear sport attire and I find it attractive. What's wrong with it?"

I just nod and accept his excuse. We then walk together to the court and see William and Uncle George already there. We greet each other before warming up.

"Hye, Ryan. So, you play tennis too?" Uncle George talks to Ryan.

"I can play, but I don't really play."

"Got it. William too. He's basically just accompanying me because it's my hobby."

"But, he must be great over times."

"You can say that, but still can't beat me. He spends most of his times with basketball though."

He nods, "Understandable."

I take off my sweater and take my tennis racket then try a few balls with Ryan for practice before we start the real game.

"Can I try with Ryan?" William approaches me and asks.

I shift my look to him and Ryan before aggreeing, "Sure."

I start again with Uncle George and it's only practice but he's practically just so good at this.

I take a look with the corner of my eyes to William and Ryan. They seem fine. Nothing serious and they don't look like they'll kill each other. I'm glad.

"Okay, let's start." Uncle George says and we take our places.

We play for 3 rounds with Harley as the umpire with her cap. The first round is won by William and Uncle George but me and Ryan manage to make a tie after winning the second round. The third round, don't guess. Of course, they win. But, we just lost by 1 point so it didn't go that bad. One of us needs to lose anyway.

"Another game? Why don't you try with Will? Ryan, wanna play in my team?"

"Me?" Ryan points to himself.

"Yeah, come on. I'll give you some secret tips."

Ryan laugh a little with, "Sure, that's a good deal."

He change spots with William and I give William a high five before the game starts.

"Target on his left side." I hear Will's whisper behind me before I make the serve. Surprisingly, it works. I widen my eyes at Will and he just smirks and shrugs with, "Told ya. I can also give secret tips, okay?"

We continue to play and have rest in between and continue again with single game with Ryan vs Will and me vs Uncle George. It's so much fun and I enjoy every second of it. Even when I watch Ryan and Will play. They were laughing when one of them mess up and made silly jokes. You'll guess that nothing happened between them. I think that's a good thing.

After finishing all games and everyone literally wasted, we take a sit together and drink our water.

"So, where is your cabin house?"

Ryan looks up at Uncle George and replies, "Just 10 minutes from my house but it probably takes 20 minutes from here because it's the other way from our neighbourhood."

"Oh, I see."

"You always use the house for special events? Or just for family use? Is it okay with we go there."

"No, actually not that often. Since we moved to New Jersey, my Mom said we should sell the cabin house and let anyone else move in there but he insisted to just rent it and the tenants just stay there for 5 years, I guess. Probably found a house for sale. So, it's still there as my Dad requested. We didn't sell it to anyone." Ryan explains.

"Oh, it still belongs to your family but you rarely use it. Understandable, though. You just move here this year." William says.

"We used to go the house quite often when he and Allan were still here, weren't we? But, after that, everything just won't feel the same. So, Ryan suggested we try to make the house looks as happy as it was." I add.

He chuckles a little, "Yup, Allan loved that house."

"Oh, I heard about Allan. Wish I could see him. He sounds amazing." Uncle George says.

Mom smiles at me with her hand on my back, "He was."

We fell into silence for a second before Mom asks Ryan, "Ryan, how about your Mom? We are going there right after this, right?"

"I'll drop by our house to fetch her and we're going together. I believe Abby know the way to the house, right?"

"Yeah, sure. We can go first. Just give us the key. We need to freshen up too."