33. Veggie Noodles

Start from the beginning

"What's going on? Are we moving yet?" Thorn's hand tightened around Euterpe.

Castriel's eyes ran over her sleeping figure before looking back at Thorn, "Yeah, they're just making sure to clean up." He spoke seriously.

A scream echoed through the open door but both brothers ignored it and kept eye contact.

"Is there anything that needed immediate attention?" Castriel crossed his arms.

Thorn swallowed, "No, other than her bruised nose she wasn't bleeding too much. If there is any critical damage it is most likely internal so we need to get to the hospital as soon as possible." His head tilted back against the headrest as he spoke.

"I can't- What kind of sick fuck hurts his own family?" Castriel narrowed his eyes angrily at her blue and yellow bruised face.

Thorn scoffed, "He doesn't deserve to call himself anything to her. When we find him-" He paused to look down at the small girl in his arms, "We will set everything around him on fire and listen to his sobs until there's nothing left but ash." He spoke quietly, making a promise that no one could stop.

"Poison and acid might be on the list too," Castriel mentioned with an evil glint in his eyes.

"Everything," Thorn looked up at him, "Everything," he repeated, "Is on the list for him." His eyes held pure rage.

Crunching from gravel was heard by both brothers and they turned to see the rest of their family walking over. Blood covered their hands and there were splatters on Rydge's cheek.

"How is she?" Rydge asked when they got to the door.

Thorn nodded, "Okay, we should get going just in case." He suggested lightly.

Rydge grabbed his handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his face, "Yes, we shouldn't wait. Castriel you drive, let's go." He commanded walking around to sit on the other side of Euterpe and Thorn.

Thorn eyed his older brother, "I take it that there was no problem with the body?" He moved his eyes to the window.

Rydge tilted his head, "How could there be a problem if nothing was left?" He asked emotionlessly.

Thorns eyes watched the building and before they drove away fire was seen at the open door. His lips quirked up into a satisfied smile as his fingers twirled a piece of black hair.

"I see," He hummed, "Isn't it curious how random buildings can catch fire so easily when the owner is not careful? I would hate for that to be an occurring event for other people." He spoke to no one in particular.

Castriel clicked his tongue, "As long as they won't hurt any doves, there shouldn't be a problem."

"Of course not, that wouldn't be good for the environment."

The first thing Euterpe felt when waking up was pain throughout her entire face. Her nose unconsciously scrunched up which in turn made her hiss from the movement. There was a shuffle making her freeze as she did not remember or know where she was.

"Hey butterfly, you doing okay? Are you in any pain? Can you open your eyes?" Thorn's voice was the only thing that made her shoulders relax.

Euterpe's lips parted and a short breath escaped before closing into a tight line. Her eyes squeezed and she was finally able to blink a few times. Her eyesight was blurry and the light caused her eyes to water until the tears were blinked away. She felt a shift in her eyes before she looked around to see the worried and curious faces of the Vaughn's.