31

Text me the address this instant, you devil.

Eva's heart leapt as she read Adam's text, excitement making her squeal silently. So Vicky's plans had worked after all.

Yesterday, after Eva had forced Vicky to confess that she'd spoken to Adam and was the one who'd probably put the idea in his head that she was her mother's lapdog, the other woman out of guilt had been ever willing to help her lure Adam back.

Then the plan with the cake and pizza and panties were born. Even though she knew Adam was going to use that to tease her for a long time, it was a small price to pay for what she was about to gain. At least, hoped she was about to gain.

God, it was crazy how giddy a man could make her feel, but even as she thought that, she knew it really wasn't. She'd finally come to terms with what Adam did to her.

It wasn't just feelings, she'd fallen in love with him. Hard, and she knew gaining enough strength to crawl out of the emotion wasn't something she could achieve on a silver platter.

But she didn't mind. She didn't want to crawl out of such a wonderful feeling anyways.

Without wasting any time, she quickly texted him the address. Hitting the send button, she was about to jump in victory when an unexpected pang of anxiety hit her straight in the chest.

Yes, she was undeniably in love with Adam and all, but did he feel the same?

“Wow, from squealing like a child who has just been given a box of sweets to freezing like you'd mistakenly looked at the head of meddusa. Your mood swing tonight is quite refreshing.” That was June, ever her sarcastic self.

Eva ignored her. Forcing the smile back on her face, she decided that Adam felt something intense for her. Not just lust or desire. Even if it wasn't love, she was going to build on it little by little. The thought made her smile easier.

“By the way, would you please share what's gotten you so happy?” Vicky asked between taking a bite from a large piece of grilled chicken thigh.

“Adam texted!” Eva squealed.

The cocky look that took over Vicky's face was expected. “I knew my plan was going to work. Boys only think with their dick. I know them too well. Not like someone who's name starts with J. Send him a romantic song? Seriously?”

“Why, thank you, Miss genius.” June sneered with a hard look Vicky's way. “You've killed all my appetite for cake and pizza. I can't ever eat them without thinking about dick and sperms.”

Eva and Vicky burst out laughing, much to the chagrin of June, then they went back to doing the final touches for the party. Around 9pm, their friends began to troop in, everyone in a mood to get wasted.

Eva couldn't help but steal glances at the door every now and then, expecting Adam to stroll in anytime soon. 10 pm and he still hadn't arrived.

She had to curtail the urge to text him, deciding she was going to stick to her initial plan of waiting for Adam in the room June had let her borrow only after relentless pleas.

Girl said she didn't want any room in the house soiled and smelling of sex, even if it was just a guest bedroom. Eva shook her head as she made her way upstairs. Her phone dinged with Adam's text immediately she entered the room.

I'm here. Where are you?

Such simple words, yet the shiver of anticipation that ran through her core made her clench her thighs tightly. With jittery fingers, she typed back eagerly.

Upstairs. West wing. Last room on the left.

Without bothering to read through, she hit the send button. Who bothered about making spelling mistakes when they were as horny as fuck?