28

Adam scanned the exhibition room, taking in the several nature and wildlife photographs that lined the smooth blue plaster walls, and the several people who were busy checking them out and discussing among themselves.

"Congrats, Adam. You never cease to amaze me." A middle aged man passing by told him with a smile.

Adam smiled back at him. He'd definitely lost count of the number of congratulations he'd received tonight.

It seemed that every year, his fanbase grew, and so did the people who were willing to buy his photographs. It surprised him how marvelled people were, even at the photos he'd taken when he'd been least inspired.

Eva had been right about how much people were going to love them.

The thought of Eva made him let out a sigh of longing. There wasn't a single day that he didn't think of her or consider Victoria's suggestion to go seduce her into stopping her wedding so they could be together.

But he knew doing exactly the opposite was the best option. He'd had enough instability to last him a lifetime. His mother had been torn between his father's love and her parents money, and in the end, wealth had won.

From all indications, Eva practically worshipped her mother. Who was to say she wouldn't push him away once her mother made it clear she didn't approve of him?

Pushing away the unsettling thought, Adam walked over to a young woman whom he'd noted had been stuck to one particular photograph for quite a while.

"Fascinating, right?" He asked, stopping beside her.

It was a photo of Eva looking so exhilarated while sitting on a snowmobile. He'd taken it the time they'd gone on the winter wildlife tour.

Her captivating smile as well as the natural backdrop was enough to capture anyone's attention.

As if plucked out of a daze, the woman's gaze snapped his way. A smile curved up her lips.

P"I know right. It's so beautiful. She's so beautiful. Adam Garcia is such a wonderful photographer."

Oh, so she was one of the clueless ones. Adam decided to have some fun. "You think so?"

"Why, you don't?" She turned back to the photo and sighed appreciatively. "Just look. He just captures the moment in a way that's just so crazy and amazing. Like wow."

Adam smiled, happy that his hobby was being appreciated so much. But Alfredo had to spoil things, walking up and patting him on the back.

"Man, people are fighting over the photographs. It looks like you're going to make a lot of sales, Adam."

The woman standing beside him widened her eyes. "What? You're Adam Garcia? Oh my God why didn't you tell me? I'm so excited to meet you. My friends have been going so crazy over your athletic profession and photographs they literally forced me to come tonight, but I'm so glad I did because I'm definitely taking one of these home tonight."

She practically said all that in one breath, and Adam chuckled softly. She took out her phone and gave him a may I look. He nodded and she stepped closer to him before taking a selfie. She smiled excitedly as she walked away.

"For somebody who's just appreciating you tonight, she sure looks infatuated." Alfredo commented teasingly, making Adam roll his eyes. "By the way, when are the sales and auctions going to begin?"

Adam shrugged. "Not sure. In about ten minutes? I've got to ask Lucas."

"Ten minutes?" Alfredo pursed his lips sulkily, then brightened all of a sudden. "No worries, I still got all night to get laid."