twenty-eight

yay 2.7k words double length

ps highly highly recommend being able to listen to sound while reading bc u need to listen to a song towards the end
/

you ended up heading home about two hours later. towards the end, things started to get a bit rushed because kalynn was coming home soon. as comfortable as it was to hang out with weston in a closer way, there was too much stress that you would be caught. its stressful to think about the fact that it probably wouldnt be accepted if you told your siblings. not because they would care, but because they wouldnt understand the relationship.

you cant tell them youre just hooking up. partly because they would find it unnecessary to hear. but you also know that you arent really exclusive to only fooling around. take today as an example, you didnt do anything sexual the whole time you were at his place, but you still were laying with eachother the whole time. at this point it would make sense to say youre dating, but this has only been going on for two weeks. you dont want to rush anything.

after you left weston's place you havent really done much else. the day has been filled with careless straightening up and moping over the rain outside. it really is a shitty way to come back from vacation. its about 9pm now, and it doesnt look like the pouring outside it going to let up anytime soon.

james is still out. he came back briefly to check in on you, just to make sure youre doing alright. only to head out again. you're pretty sure sure hes spending the night at one of his friend's house.

your body is pressed down into the cushions of the couch while parks and rec plays on the wide tv. you just finished the friends reunion thing on hbo, so you originally started to rewatch it from the start. you got pretty bored of that quickly though, so youve resorted back to parks and rec.

your phone buzzes on your leg, annoying you a little. sometimes you cant stand to read someones snap or text when you just want to relax. thankfully its just a text from weston, so you decide to answer it.

weston koury

come outside

you stare at the message, confused for a moment. he may have texted the wrong person. youre not sure if outside means the hallway, or actually outside.

????

cmon im getting soaked out here

wait are you actually outside rn

mhm:D

you stand up from your spot on the couch and immediately go to grab your shoes. you slip them on in a hurry while trying to open the door at the same time. you stumble out into the hallway with your phone in hand, already to the elevators.

the elevator takes some time to get down to the lobby, it always does. once you make it down there, you pick up your pace to try and lessen the amount of time hes out in the rain. your feet speedwalk to the front doors, and open them in quickly.

to your surprise, he's out in his car, and not standing out in the rain. you step out into the rain to get into his view. the rain floods down your face; draping over your wide smile.

he laughs at you from the safety of his car with a completely dry body. its pitch black out, and the only thing illuminating his face is the dim street light in front of him.