one

*no covid in this story. weston and kalynn are not popular on the internet.*
/

"i promise you, if i was able to drive i would. blame my older brother. he's the one who influenced my parents into not letting me get my licence right now," you huff into the phone, putting it on speaker as you prop it up against your desk.

"i don't get it, you're literally 19? you're an adult, whats stopping you from going out and getting your license yourself?" kalynn cocks her eyebrow at you through the discord call.

"because i'd need to get a permit first. and there's no way i can get a permit and teach myself how to drive without my parents finding out."

"how? you don't even live with them," she rests her head against her hand, a look of distress covering her face.

"because i live with my twin brother. and he tells them everything. no matter how much i tell him it's a secret, he always lets it slip," you shake your head as you curl your lashes.

"true," she sighs, "i'll just pick you up then! i really don't mind it, and i really really want you to come. please?" she asks desperately, making you smile as you applied your mascara.

"what's so different about this one compared to the rest? are you waiting for someone? need moral support, huh?" you grin.

"what if i am? will that make you wanna come more?"

"yes," you nod, pulling out your eyeliner.

"then yes, i am meeting someone there," she nods, raising her eyebrows.

"you are not," you laugh, pulling your eyeliner away from your eye so the line wasn't shaky.

"y/n," she groans, throwing her head back. "please! please please please! i will do anything! please! PLEASEEE!!" she screams, your laughing growing.

"oh my god dude shut up," her door opens, causing her head to turn towards it. it's her brother, laughing in her doorway at her volume.

"do you wanna come to the fire pit tonight? james' sister is coming with me," she refers to you as the only way weston knows you. hes been best friends with your brother, james, for years now.

"is he going?" he shoves his phone in his pocket, leaning against her doorframe.

"y/n?" she asks you, both of their heads facing towards you on the phone.

"probably not," you shrug, continuing to put on your makeup.

"then i'm not going. is he home with you right now?" he asks, kalynn frowning at everyone rejecting the offer to go with her.

"why can't you just text him?" you laugh, not wanting to look around to see if hes home.

"because you live with him?" he puts on a confused face, obviously not finding the situation as amusing as you did.

"alright damn," you smile, throwing your hands up in defense as you sit up from your chair. the smile on your face only seeming to aggravate him more. "i'll go see if he's here," you whisper importantly, the sarcasm in your voice making kalynn stifle a laugh.

"forget it. i'll just text him," he walks out of kalynn's room, shutting her door behind him as he leaves.

"hm," you sit back down in your chair, fiddling with the mascara bottle in your hand.

"anyways, i'll pick you up in 2 hours. what are you planning on wearing? i feel like we should be semi coordinated," she suggests with an excited grin.

"what i have on," you say mindlessly, only really caring about your appearance from the neck up.

"i'm gonna get changed. remember, 2 hours! be ready to walk out the door by the time i get there!" she commands through the phone, hanging up as you laugh.