fourteen

basically a filler chapter only 900 words
/

you've been on the plane for three hours now, two hours left to go. you finished the movie about an hour ago, but now you don't really have anything to do.

you want to start a new movie, but it would one hundred percent wake weston up. he still has one earbud in, and it's been silent for some time now. starting a new movie out of no where would for sure scare him. it would be funny though.

his head is still asleep on your shoulder, every once in a while adjusting himself higher up in his sleep. you look down on him, grinning at his exhausted state.

you don't know if he knows he's asleep on you, he probably doesn't.

his nose starts twitching, confusing you before realizing why. his hair fell over the tip of his nose, draped over his skin. it must be itching him or something.

you bring your hand up to his face, gently pushing the piece of hair off his nose. you make sure to try and be subtle about it, your finger tips only just grazing over his skin.

"thank you," he rasps quietly, a small grin at the humor of the situation.

"you're awake?" you widen your eyes, genuinely clueless.

"yeah, for awhile now," he says calmly, keeping his eyes shut on your shoulder. he still looks asleep, even though he's actively talking to you. he must just be really tired.

to think you could've started a new movie since he was awake this whole time.

"oh," you look back at your laptop, "can i start a new movie? or are you planning on sleeping again?"

"you can, i didnt mind falling asleep to newt in my ears," he pulls small smile, making you breathe out a laugh.

you pull up a random netflix original, you didn't have any other ideas.

you see weston through the reflection of your laptop again, just as you could earlier in the flight. his eyes are closed, his hair meshing with your own.

hes wearing one of your favorite hoodies of his, you've always thought about getting your own. the hood was green, the sleeves yellow and blue, and the body of it is grey.

his eye winks open through the reflection, catching your own. you force your eyes away from it, mad at yourself for getting caught. you slowly bring your eyes back, seeing him continue to look with a small smirk.

"oooo, caught lookin," he whispers to you in a high pitched voice. you try and hold back your laugh, not wanting to be annoying to everyone around you.

you say nothing, bringing your focus back towards the movie on your laptop. his eyes closing again with a deep breath in.

you slightly toss your head back once he fully shuts his eyes again. even through he's acting light hearted about it, you still feel like he's gonna take it out of proportion. you were only looking to see if he was asleep, but it could not have been worse timing.

you keep your head back for a little while, the new position actually feeling soothing on your neck. you've been in the same place for hours now. you're surprised you haven't had to go to the bathroom, especially after the big coffee you had before the flight.

you shut your own eyes now, finally feeling relaxed for the first time in this flight. nothing against weston, but you honestly wish kalynn just stayed next to you. it would've definitely made you a bit more calm.

it can be seen as a good thing though, it's one on one time for sure.

you take a deep inhale in, calming your nerves. as you breathe out you feel your body lose some of its tension, which was the main goal.

you don't feel like opening up your eyes again, your body almost isn't letting you. it's like every time you try and open your eyes, they keep themselves shut. you didn't really want to fall asleep, but maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

you feel subtle movement on your right shoulder, startling you for a second. you forgot hes literally on you.

it does make you wonder why he's so comfortable being up close with you. maybe it's just his exhausted state, or maybe he's just touchy with everyone. you don't really mind, but it's just so much different than what you would've expected out of him.

you feel your body completely relax now, your shoulders lowering, your fingers loosening. your head tips over towards your right as your breathing finds a steady pattern.

your cheek comes in contact with weston's hair, his head slightly moving at the touch of your face. he finds his spot on your shoulder again, obviously not caring that your head is on top of his.

as much as you want to protest against yourself doing this, you're just really tired. you need rest, you owe it to yourself. you fall completely asleep in seconds, the back track from your movie echoing through your ear.

/
so short but it was getting too choppy so i just needed to stop it short