twenty-five

HOOOOOLYYY TY FOR 15k ON CRAVE !!

ps. virginia trip is gonna be rlly sped up bc i've got a rlly cliche idea i wanna write ab and they need to be in la for it </3

so yikes big time jump again
/

5 days later

"we should probably go back and start packing," kalynn suggest as you walk towards the exit of the last amusement park. you're leaving tomorrow morning at 5.

"god why did we choose another early flight?" you groan behind her. you're already dreading the early wake up time.

"because we'll be back home earlier," james shrugs at the pointless question. he's the biggest morning person you know.

you scoff under your breath, not needing the answer that you already knew. you hear weston snort a laugh at you to your right, catching your attention. you lift your head at him to catch himself holding back a laugh.

"you know weston," you tilt you head, "it seems to be a recurring event for you to try and not laugh at me. why is this?"

"you're a funny gal," he smiles, waiting for your reaction at the word choice. you give him an unimpressed look, a faint grin playing across your face.

"you ever wonder why 'guy' is used more than 'gal'?" you question him.

"dunno," he shakes his head, "but lady is used more than gentleman. seems like a pretty fair deal to me, y/l/n."

"oh i bet it does, koury," you shake your head slowly, sarcastic disappointment ringing through your voice. "but i could refer to a group of people as 'guys', regardless of if they're an actual guy."

"what is stopping you from referring to a group of men as ladies?" he pushes through the metal exit, holding it open for you as he waits for your response. kalynn and james must be far behind you now. you seem to get distracted by your pace very often.

"it's just incorrect," you press your lips into a firm line, shaking your head.

he lets out a dramatic sigh, "i guess youre right."

you look at your nails, examining the new part of your nail that grew in underneath them. you look at weston's nails, imagining what they'd look like with your nails on. your snicker at the thought, making him give you a confused look.

"what's so funny?"

"do you clean your nails?" you don't answer him, instead asking your own question.

"like underneath my nails?" he holds up his hands, deciding for himself.

"yeah, exactly," you nod, actually interested in the answer.

"i mean, i guess?  i dont like specifically take time out of my day to clean them with tools or something," he laughs, spreading his fingers apart to get a good look them.

"fair," you grab his hand and hold it up to your face, looking at it yourself now. "why are your hands so webbed, jesus christ."

"what do you mean," he lets out a loud laugh, tugging his hand away from you and bringing back in front of his eyes. he moves his fingers, looking at the skin that connects them. "oh my god they actually are," he chuckles at the realization, his laughter making you smile.