thirteen

THIS BOOK GETS SO MANY VOTES PER CHAP WTF U GUYS R SO NICE
/

few hours later

"finally," your flight is being called after what felt an eternity. you've woken up in the free time you've had, so has weston. it's kinda a shame though, you were looking forward to sleeping on the plane. maybe you'll get tired again.

the four of you walk towards the person at the gate, tickets in kalynn's hand. she hands the person behind the desk the tickets, receiving them back after he scans them in. you all walk through the big entrance, having to walk a small distance before you were actually onto the flight.

"officially on the plane," kalynn smiles towards you, nudging your shoulder. you return the smile, happy to see her so excited. you were overly excited too, everything about the trip was becoming more and more real the closer you got.

"alright you guys sit here," she motions weston and james towards one row, "and we'll sit here." the rows are next to eachother, which is a good thing. you don't think you'll be interacting with them much, but it's nice to have them pretty close to you.

"kalynn theyre checking tickets, hand us ours," james taps her shoulder from his seat, confusing both of you.

"it's a plane, they dont check tickets. if you're in, youre in," she talks quietly, not wanting to be annoying to other people.

"see for yourself," he turns his head down the aisle, kalynn doing the same. he's right, the flight attendant is checking everyones tickets. you've never had this done on a plane before, there must've been a mix up with someone.

"alright," she pulls her hand in her bag to give them the tickets, "here."

james grabs them both, handing weston his. the attendant goes to their side first before going to yours.

"you're supposed to be sitting over here," she speaks to kalynn, a sweet tone in her voice.

"oh no it's fine, i know that's what the ticket says but we're all together. we decided on this seating arrangement," she smiles and nods, trying not to sound rude.

"well is your name weston?"

"no?" she responds confused, none of you really catching on to where this conversation is going.

"then i need you to move to your seat, darling. weston koury sits in J11, and kalynn koury sits in K11," her sweet tone only begins to sound more and more passive aggressive.

"what does it matter if we're both fine with being in each others seats?" weston chimes in now, leaning over his seat to be apart of the conversation.

"it's the rules. you need to sit where you need to sit. if not, it could cause mix-ups. now if you'll excuse me, i've got a long rows to go. enjoy your flight," she nods, continuing to walk without another word.

"why the hell did you buy the tickets like this?" kalynn whisper shouts over towards weston once the flight attendant is out of hearing range.

if you're being real with yourself, you have zero clue what's going on. you kinda just wanna start the movie that's been waiting on your laptop.

"it's confusing! the letters, the numbers," he says dramatically, "too many of them to understand!"

"oh my god," she groans, grabbing her carry on in annoyance. this sparks your attention, you didn't think she'd actually listen to the flight attendant.

"where are you going?" you tug on her sweatshirt harshly as she stands up from her seat, trying to grab her attention.

"going to my 'assigned seat'," she says in annoyance towards the situation, "like fucking kindergarten here." she mumbles the last bit, standing in the aisle waiting for weston to sit up from his seat.

"this is bullshit," he shakes his head, reluctantly following his sisters lead and coming to sit next to you.

"glad everyone is in a good mood," james nods, flipping to the next page in his magazine.

you feel like convincing kalynn to just not listen to the attendant, but at the same time you really just wanted to start the movie. all this switching around is just a waste of perfectly useful time.

"hey," he grumbles as he flops into his new seat, shoving his backup under his seat.

"hey," you say in a normal tone back, not really sure why everyone is being so over dramatic about the switch. "you down for a movie?" you hold one of the earbuds out in front of him, the other one already in your ear.

he stares at you, "which one."

"maze runner. first one though because i don't wanna cry on the plane," you pull up the movie as you talk to him.

he grabs the earbud, not saying anything. a light smile spreads across your face at his silent agreement. you pull out your gum, giving him a piece so your ears don't pop when the plane starts to move.

you buckle your seatbelt, him doing the same. to your surprise, he's actually watching the movie. not on his phone or anything.

god, that's one of your biggest pet peeves. whenever you find a good movie, you always ask people to watch it with you. that way it can become their favorite too, and you can share an obsession over it.

there's always that one person who is consistently on their phone whenever you do that. it's so frustrating, and they're always only on it when it's a good part.

you peak your head over weston's to get a view of kalynn and james. kalynn is watching youtube on her phone, smiling at whoever she's watching.

of course, james is wearing that ridiculous excuse of a pillow around his neck. you can't even begin to think about the fact that people may know you associate with him.

you turn your head back towards your laptop screen, catching weston's face in the reflection for a split second. hes dead focused on the movie, which makes you happy. you love when people enjoy your favorite movies.

you've been flying for some time now, your body beginning to shut down again. your eye lids felt heavy, along with your legs feeling weak.

you turn your head towards weston, who's eyes were closed. his face is in his hand, barely being held up. you didn't know he fell asleep, you don't know if you should take his earbud out or not.

if you do, he might wake up. but if you don't, he can listen to dylan o'brian in his dreams. definitely a tough decision.

his hands loosen, he must be fully asleep now. you decide to keep his earbud in for now, if anything you're doing him a favor.

you turn your attention back to the movie, sipping on your water that the flight attendant gave you. it ended up being a good thing that kalynn and weston listened to her when she said they needed to switch. she came back 5 minutes later just to make sure they listened.

kinda weird, but not your business. it did get you wondering what the reason behind it is. maybe there's someone on the plane who's not supposed to be here, maybe you're gonna be in a future documentary about a serial killer on a plane to virginia.

you get snapped out of your thoughts, jumping at the sudden weight on your side. you look to your right, seeing weston's unconscious head asleep on your shoulder.

you can feel the pace of his breathing, along with the small fly away hairs brushing against your skin. you open up your phone, going into snapchat and opening the camera.

you face it towards him, seeing his reflection. his cheeks are slightly pink, just as they were when he was asleep in the car. his lengthy hair is laying over parts of his eyes, the angle his head is at pushing it to the left.

you close out snapchat, shoving your phone back into your pocket. you didn't take a picture, you just wanted to see if he was actually asleep.

you let him sleep there, knowing he needs it. you start watching the movie again, a smile spread across your face out of your control.

/
jahduwhahs i have school in six hours