The Final Word

The Monstra's corpse was shown to still be dissolving. In a spot on the carcass, black smoke and goo reformed a certain figure...

Down in the Atlas Vault, Winter charged at James Ironwood, swinging down her sword onto his prosthetic left arm. She then drew her estoc and attempted to stab him with it, but Ironwood dodged and jumped back. He then tried to swing his hand cannon but Winter jumped up on top of a nearby pillar.

Ironwood: Winter, do not blame me!

Ironwood fired his cannon, and Winter moved out of the way as the blast destroyed the top of the pillar. Winter then created five glyphs that launched large ice shards towards the General. Ironwood rolled out of the way.

Ironwood: I have sacrificed everything!

Winter: No, you have sacrificed everyone else! You closed the borders, you squeezed Mantle until it broke!

The two continued trading blows. The weapons locked as Ironwood's cannon began charging up again.

Ironwood: I've only done what's best for Remnant, and no one is grateful!

Ironwood drew the white Due Process and used it to pistol whip Winter, disorienting her.

Meanwhile...

In the pocket dimension, Cinder, Maira and Penny flew at each other, using their respective Maiden powers and magic to clash. They flew around as people continued to run towards the portal leading to Vacuo. Cinder launched a fireball hitting Penny in the back. She then tried to use her Grimm arm to grab Penny, but a Queen Lancer summoned by Weiss was shown to fly by and get Penny out of the way. Maira grabbed the wrist tight, pulled Cinder towards her to grab her neck and started to strangle her while grabbing the burned part of the Grimm arm. Nora watched the crowd of people running for the Vacuo portal.

Jaune: Priority one.

Nora looked back to her leader and they exchanged nods, continuing with the evacuation.

Back on the Queen Lancer summon...

Penny: Weiss, all she ever wanted was the Maiden power. I can buy you all time.

Weiss: But, Penny...

Suddenly, Weiss was struck in the back by a fireball, causing her Queen Lancer summon to disappear. Cinder somehow managed to get Maira off from her and shoved Maira away from her. They fell onto one of the platforms, both of their Auras flickered. Cinder landed nearby and smirked evilly. Penny gasped as Cinder looked to Weiss, the Staff of Creation next to her. Penny suddenly got up and blocked her path.

Penny: I'm right here! I'm what you want!

Cinder: I want it all...

Cinder launched herself forward, but suddenly was kicked in the face by Blake, pushed back some distance away from them. Blake then looked to Weiss. Maira and Rhea appeared and both Nabatean stood before the girls in defence.

Blake: Get up!

Weiss did so, grabbing Myrtenaster and the Staff. She then ran off as Blake, Maira, Rhea and Penny faced Cinder, their weapons at the ready.

Meanwhile...

On the Atlas cargo ship carrying the bomb, Qrow and Harriet continued their fight. Harriet kicked Qrow into the wall, who groaned in pain.

Qrow: You're making a mistake, Harriet! What happened to Clover, I blame--

Harriet: *growls* Shut up ALREADY!!