Midnight

In the Monstra, Cinder woke on a bed in her room and sat up after she dreamed of her horrible past. Emerald hurried over, kneels in front of her and took Cinder's Grimm hand into hers.

Emerald: You're awake. I was so worried. How are you feeling?

Cinder: You... You brought me back here.

Cinder pulled her hand away and looked to the side, upset.

Cinder: We failed.

Emerald: Cinder, you were hurt. I was just trying to help.

Mercury: I think she's had enough help.

Mercury entered the room.

Mercury: Besides, she went against our queen. I'd be careful who you back.

Emerald: Cinder's hunch was right. If we'd had support then maybe we would've--

Mercury: Would you stop trying to protect her already? She doesn't care about you. But Edelgard does. She went to Salem and offered not to punish you and Neo.

Cinder became annoyed, and her eye manifested the Maiden flame.

Cinder: Both of you, get out. I'll let you know when you're needed next.

Emerald sadly looked away from Cinder, then looked at Mercury as he started speaking.

Mercury: Yeah about that, Salem's got other plans for me. I'm not gonna be taking orders from you anymore.

Cinder's Maiden eye flame disappeared and she looked surprised and saddened.

Mercury: She wants everyone on the bridge. Something big is about to happen.

Emerald looked at Cinder while Mercury headed for the door. Emerald then sighed, got up and followed Mercury. On their way out the door, Mercury was smirking and Emerald was sad.

Meanwhile...

In the torture room, Oscar was left alone.

Ozpin: *in Oscar's mind* I'd like to express again that this is my burden to bear, not yours. His grudge is with me.

Oscar: No, it'll be even worse. He's holding back with me. I can tell.

Oscar was now bruised, had a black eye and had blood smudged under his nose and by the corner of his mouth.

Ozpin: I understand. I do. But you've done so much already. The least I can do is give you a break and try to get us out of here.

Oscar: We can't leave yet. This is our chance.

Ozpin: Hmm, maybe you've taken one too many hits.

Oscar: Salem, she knows she can't take on the whole world at once. So she doesn't. She has her followers work their way in sabotaging us from the inside out.

Both: Maybe we should do the same.

Ozpin: We certainly are similar, you and I. Maybe we have been presented with an opportunity.

The membrane door squelched open, and Hazel entered the room.

Oscar: Great.

Ozpin: Oscar, please.

Hazel picked up Oscar and slammed him against a bone spike.

Hazel: You don't need to fight this war, kid. Tell me what I need and we can be done.

Ozpin: Hello Hazel.

Oscar's eyes glowed yellow momentarily, revealing that Ozpin had taken control. Hazel quickly became angered.