Witch

As the Atlesian Military prepared to fight the scores of Grimm emerging from Monstra's body, Yang, Azura, Jaune, and Ren sprinted down a corridor within the gigantic Grimm. They stopped to catch their breath.

Yang: Well, that was harrowing.

Jaune: We're not in the clear yet. We still have to search this whole thing and find Oscar and Byleth before the Ace Ops blow us to pieces.

Yang: How are we supposed to find them? It's going to be like finding a needle in a... giant... whale. Why did we think this was a good idea?

Azura: But we did. It's already too late to change minds. Still, good question. Where could we find them?

Ren looked thoughtfully down the corridor.

Ren: I... I might be able to help. I can sense spikes of people's emotions, I think. It happened on Winter's ship. If I focus my Aura, I can keep it up.

Yang: Okay, that's new. Maybe one of them is Oscar.

Azura: Or Byleth.

Ren touched his temples with his fingertips, focusing.

Ren: I can sort of tell where they are, but not who. They're more of less in the same area though. Further in. I can lead.

Ren made to move down the corridor, but Jaune stopped him with a hand on his shoulder.

Jaune: Hey, you don't have to drain yourself. I can help too.

Ren: Yeah, good thinking. Thanks.

Jaune: Well, lead the way.

Jaune awkwardly pointed finger guns at Ren while Yang and Azura rolled their eyes.

Elsewhere in Monstra, Oscar lied on his side on the ground.

Oscar: She brushed off her bumps and bruises, for nothing hurt worse than the loneliness in her chest.

Ozpin: I recognize that. The Girl Who Fell Through The World?

Oscar chuckled, turning to lie on his back.

Oscar: I shouldn't be surprised you're so familiar with fairy tales.

Ozpin: I've lived through my share of them. How are you holding up?

Oscar: I thought the idea of falling through Remnant into a new world was exciting. I never understood why she was so sad when she finally made it back home. But now it makes more sense.

Oscar stretched out toward the light emanating from beyond a membrane on the ceiling, and studied his gloved hand.

Ozpin: She wasn't the same girl anymore.

Oscar: Yeah.

Ozpin: I think this plan to divide might have run its course. It's time we start thinking about a way out. Not having our cane certainly limits the options, so...

With effort, Oscar curled into a fetal position.

Oscar: No, I don't like what happens when we use magic. Every time we use it, I can feel us merging faster. I'm not ready for that. I can't understand how Byleth can live with that.

Ozpin: I don't blame you. Honestly, I think you're doing just fine on your own. And about Byleth. Maybe they did it once before, because they had no choice. But you heard what Edelgard said. He's still the same.

The door opened and Hazel entered. Oscar pushed himself into a supine position just before Hazel grabbed him by the collar and hauled him up. In another cell, Edelgard entered. Byleth, now awake looked at her when she readied the Sword of the Creator.