Worthy

Oscar: What do we do now?

One of Ambrosius' portals appeared before Oscar, Jaune, Nora, Ren, Edelgard and Emerald as they discussed their next move in front of the useless broadcast terminal in Atlas Academy. The group took a moment to stare at it before Ren turned to face Jaune.

Ren: We stick to the plan.

Nora: How? Without the CCT there's no way we can tell all of Atlas to just step into a bunch of freaky magic doors.

As the others pondered, Emerald and Edelgard cautiously approached the portal.

Ren: But there is. We use the portals ourselves, and spread the word on foot.

Emerald: Are we positive these things work?

Edelgard: Who goes through voluntarily?

The others turned to look at Jaune, who groaned.

Jaune was propelled out of the portal and onto his face in the pocket dimension. He stifled the urge to vomit as the rest of the group followed after him.

Jaune: Okay, we can do this. Nora and I will get people through the gates. Everyone else, keep to your roles. Remember, the evacuation is priority one no matter what else happens.

Ren: You're sure you won't need more help?

Nora: Shade is armed to the teeth with Huntsmen and Huntresses, but we're about to throw a whole kingdom's worth of negativity on their doorstep. If anyone will need help, it's them.

Ren gave her a proud and determined nod, then took off for the Vacuo portal. Emerald sighed before following, Edelgard watched them and then at Jaune and Nora before she followed them and Oscar gave Jaune a farewell salute before heading out. Jaune placed a hand on Nora's shoulder, then took a running leap off their platform, activating his shield's hang-gliding function. Nora used the jet propulsion on her hammer, riding it through a distant portal.

The refugees gathered at the subway took cover behind stairs, railings and platforms, wary of the portal that has sprung up near them.

Citizen: What is it?

A bespectacled man was pushed to the front of the crowd. He picked up a rock from the ground and chucked it at the portal. Just then, Jaune emerged from it, and the rock collides with his head.

Jaune: Everyone-- Ow!

The citizens dived back behind cover. Rubbing his head, Jaune produced his Huntsman License.

Jaune: I'm, uh - gonna need your attention.

Hovering on green flames, Penny came through a portal, Staff of Creation in hand, followed by Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang, Azura and Maira. They stared in awe at the bizarre world around them, and Ruby catched sight of a newly-entered Fiona waving at her. Rhea appeared next with the three orphans and nodded at the girls with a smile. As citizens from all around the cities poured in, Jaune and Nora's voices could be heard.

Jaune: Keep moving, come on.

Nora: That's it, watch your step!

Nora took off on her hammer again, zooming past Joanna trying to keep order on her platform.

Joanna: Hey, no pushing.

She passed a beaming May as well.

May: Figured you wouldn't let us down!

The first citizens had begun to reach the central platform in front of the portal that leads to Vacuo. Penny and Team RWBY slowly moved onward.