Dark

The camera opens up on Qrow being jerked awake by a nightmare. He glanced at the cells containing Watts and Jacques.

Robyn: Yup.

Qrow glanced at her.

Robyn: Not getting much sleep here either.

Qrow rised and put a hand to his forehead.

Robyn: Sounds bad out there.

Qrow: Wait.

The sound of rumbling reached their ears.

Qrow: That doesn't sound like-

Arthur glanced nervously at a wall seconds before a fiery blast collided with it.

Qrow: Get down!

The blast shot past them, leaving a pile of rubble and small fires in its wake. Robyn lowered the hand protecting her eyes to the sound of a crow screeching. She glanced up, then lowered her head back down as more debris fell toward them.

Nora opened her eyes. Her vision was blurred. She blinked a few more times before opening to see her arm covered in burn scars and a bed.

Klein: No need to worry, miss. You and your friends are going to be just fine.

Klein glanced down with friendly brown eyes after adjusting some medical tubes. Nora's vision turned to the sound of a door being opened. Blake was opening a door for Ruby, Weiss, and Whitley, who are carrying an unconscious Penny Polendina. Maira followed them with a cloth on her head what was stained with her blood.

Blake: She lost consciousness. And she's... leaking.

Maira: And I have murderous headache and my nose doesn't stop bleeding.

Klein: Set her down, set her down. And you miss, sit down on the chair.

Ruby, Weiss and Whitley set Penny on a bed next to Nora's. Whitley is shown grimacing at the green fluid that stained his clothes. Ruby and Weiss did the same. Maira sat down onto the chair and grunted in pain.

Ruby: Can you help her?

Klein scanned Penny with his scroll, which located an injury at her waist. His eyes were red as he assessed the damage.

Klein: Even based on what you've told me, I hardly know what she is.

He coughed, and his eyes turned from red to brown.

Klein: Ahem, but, her basic anatomy seems similar enough. I can at least stitch up that wound.

Maira: It would have been worse if I hadn't caught her in time. *uses healing magic on herself* I should've learned more magic...

A thundery crash sounded from outside. Everyone presented glances in that direction. The power suddenly went out.

Whitley: Oh, that's just rich.

Ruby took out her ringing scroll. May's voice came through.

May: Everyone okay back there? Just saw another bombing run light up the kingdom.

Ruby glanced out the window.

Ruby: Looks like part of the city lost power. We're okay though.

May: Sorry I couldn't stick around, but time's running out for everyone in the crater.

Ruby: No, we're sorry. Once we know what's wrong with Penny, we'll... we'll do something.