War

The camera opened up on farm plains on the outskirts of Atlas. A squadron of Atlesian Military soldiers readied their guns just outside the city walls. As they watched, Grimm started running through the fields. On the edge of the floating landmass, the whale-esque Grimm Monstra roared, releasing a wave of Grimm Liquid that spawned a plethora of Grimm types: Sabyrs, Sulfur Fish, Apathy, Megoliaths, and more.

The forces of Grimm and Atlas clashed as General Ironwood looked on from the safety of his office. He scowled, then pressed a button on his desk console, speaking remotely to a subordinate.

Soldier: Yes, sir?

Ironwood: I am evacuating all citizens to the subway. Prepare Manta Squad Omega, and dispatch to every part of Atlas.

Soldier: But sir-

Ironwood: *slams his fist on his desk* Now!

Elsewhere in Atlas, civilians were seen lounging in a public park. High-pitched speaker feedback was heard before Ironwood broadcasted his announcement.

Ironwood: Citizens of Atlas, please proceed to the nearest underground subway station for shelter.

One man got up from beside his daughter, confused and looking around for a threat. As sirens began to blare, people started to panic and ran for the subway. Then man was frozen with fear until his daughter pointed to the sky behind him.

Daughter: Dad? Look!

A swarm of Lancers weaved their way between the Atlas skyscrapers, sending the man stumbling back. A squad of Mantas swooped in, opening fire on the Lancers. The man hurriedly leaped to his feet.

Father: We need to go!

The Ace Ops and Winter had taken Yang, Jaune, Azura and Ren into custody, and cuffed them with Gravity Bolas. Their Manta approached Atlas, and Atlas Military chatter could be heard over the in-ship radio.

Commander 1: We can't get the Hard Light shields back up, sir. The generators took too much damage!

Ironwood: Then don't waste resource on them. Beta Squad, the creature?

Commander 2: We tried bombs, missiles, but we can't make a dent, sir.

Winter chimed into the conversation.

Winter: Sir, Schnee here. Penny was still MIA, but we've apprehended Arc, Xiao Long, Azura and Ren.

Ironwood: Stand by for further orders, and don't let those fugitives out of your sight.

Winter: Yes, sir. Of course.

Behind her, Yang turned to look at her with a grim expression.

Yang: Still just following orders.

Winter turned and narrowed her eyes at the girl, then gasped as Monstra slowly came into view through the windscreen. Jaune, Azura and Ren stared slackjawed at the gargantuan Grimm.

Jaune: That's where the Grimms took Oscar and Byleth. It's even bigger than I thought.

Vine narrowed his eyes, clearly skeptical.

Vine: Grimm don't take prisoners.

Yang: This two did. If you would just let us go--

Yang made to get out of her seat, but Vine and Elm grabbed her shoulders, forcing her back down. Ironwood's voice came through over the radio again.

Ironwood: Cease fire. Manta squads, concentrate on secondary hostiles. Command is working on a solution for the creature.

Winter: What do you have in mind, sir?