REMEMBER ME 𝘬. 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘻𝘶 [ep1]

past lives & hanahaki disease au
second-person pov ! homophobia

Past lives were something not everyone remembers, maybe it's because the life they're currently in is still their first, but that's only mere speculation.

Everyone who you told about your so-called, "past life" thinks of you as a very blessed person. They think it's a blessing when you thought differently because, for you, this is a curse. Something you didn't ask for, yet was given.

In the past images you've gotten in your dreams, there was this girl, she had dark hair and mesmerizing eyes, all the guys in the small town you lived were drawn to her beauty and would kill just to have her, but with all the men she could have fallen for, she fell for you.

A girl.

Of course, nobody knew. Back then, it was pretty much against the law. You would be killed if you were seen doing couple stuff with someone of the same gender.

She told you about her feelings and proposed to secretly date, but you refused her. You weren't sure of your feelings back then, so you saved the both of you from the suffering and wait until you were sure you reciprocated her feelings. She was so kind to wait, but she couldn't wait that long in the era that you lived.

Thinking back on it hurt you more than you expected it to, you knew you loved her then but the feelings came back in your current life, it pissed you off. Even though you've reincarnated into a new body, everything else should be new right? But God said 'no' and let the feelings stay.

"I'll wait for you, even in the future, even after a billion years. I'll wait for you." Was one of the things she yelled, in which you answered back then with,

"I'll always love you forever." And you did, well not that you know you'll love her forever but you did love her, here.

Deciding not to think about it anymore today, you left it at the back of your head before resuming your household chores.

-

"Ever since last week, you've been spacing out. Are you getting new images from your past life? Or is it the life you had before the other one?" Your brother, Sen, asked. Since he was quite a nerd about fantasy stuff, reincarnation, and all that, he was the first one you told.

Obviously, this wasn't such a great idea. He teases you day, afternoon, and night about that girl in the past. He brings up the topic of past lives more than anything else and studies theories and speculations for you, but you were thankful about it anyway.

"I'm pretty sure this is my second life, so the life before this one. Anyways, I was only thinking about the past and the weird stuff back then." You said with a shrug, he heard the word, "weird" and smirked,

"What era were you in?"

"Edo."

His smirk widened before he sat on the seat beside you and leaned his face closer to the side of your face to whisper,

"What was intercourse like back then?"

"SEN!!" You yelled and with a scoff, you pushed him away from your ear, making him laugh. "What the hell is going on in your head to ask that?"

"You mentioned 'weird'! How could I not?" Still laughing as he clutches his stomach, it was probably hurting.

"That's not what I meant!"

"Okay but, seriously, what was life back then in the Edo period?" He sat down on the floor, taking out a big notebook... that was in his pocket... along with a pen, and looked at you to write down stuff he thought was important for his theories.

"Mm, hard, but not so much. I wasn't born into the rich kind of family and almost starved because of like, poor harvest. Well not that I know, it's just similar to what happened in 1732 where nearly a million people starved to death in famine because of poor harvest."

He nodded with your response,

"What about the people there, do they actually look um... you know... ugly like how they're portrayed now?"

You frown at his question, "You know, with that question, you're going to be haunted in your dreams and probably the rest of your life by the people from the Edo period because you called them ugly."

He only laughed, "No, really, I wanna know."

You sighed before, "Mm, not really? I mean, there was this really, really pretty girl -the one I told you about- but anyone else that I found pretty? No one."

He smirked once more, "Don't." You said before he could even say anything, in which he only pouted.

"What did she look like? I'll draw her." He offered, but you shook your head, "Don't waste your time on this. I'm probably just going crazy or something, you know?"

"Well if you did, I would have already thrown you into a hospital that specializes in mental health."

"Fine fine, she had dark hair, mesmerizing eyes, average height, and slim." You look at him to see that he was frowning at you, "What the hell do mesmerizing eyes look like?"