1

Ivana hates dark skin people with a passion. She barely likes brown skins at all. That one dark girl, just that one girl, drives her crazy. Ivana believes that lighter is better. So her and all the light skins hang together. Ivana tries to take controll of her "clique" and tries to turn them against the darker ones. What she doesn't understand is that every light skin isn't filled with hate like she is. So what is that one dark girl going to do to get Ivana to see her wrong? Will Ivana even care? After all, we're all human beings. Some people just don't realize.

{ P.S.- IM DARK SKIN! I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST LIGHT SKIN PEOPLE, I LOVE ALL COLORS. THIS BOOK IS JUST AN UPPER SCALE EXAMPLE OF THE EVERYDAY LIFE LIGHT VS. DARK BULLSHIT}

Caidence p.o.v

I sat on the bleachers scrolling down my wattpad library. I need some new books, even though I already have like 200 already. Don't judge. My best friend Torri has even more books than I do, she's always reading.

"Hey Torri" I said still looking through my library

"Yea?" She asked while resting her elbow on my thigh

"We need to go get our nails done"

"You right, you right" she examined her plain fingernails.

"No matter how pretty you get your nails, your little black monkey hands will never be pretty" a familiar voice spoke.

We both looked up to see Ivana Green. That light skin girl who hates my guts for no apparent reason. She's a beautiful girl, on the outside at least.

Torri stood up in front of her "Who asked you?"

"Ain't nobody have to ask me, I'm just telling the truth" she said after looking Torri up and down. "Ya hands are too dark"

"Bitch ya mouth too damn big" Torri mean mugged her. "Maybe that's why you always suckin' on somebody DICK"

Everybody in the gym went silent. A light skin boy came up and grabbed Ivana by the arm.

"Did she just say I suck dick?"

"Ivana stop being such a little bitch, they did nothing to you" he led her away from us and then came back without her. "My name is Devon. I'm sorry my friend Ivana was bothering y'all. Sometimes she can be a little much" he shrugged.

"Why do you entertain her shit?" I looked at him with my eyebrows raised.

"Yea, you call somebody like that your friend?" Torri added

"You get use to it I guess" he sighed

"Well I'm Caidence-"

"Oh I know who you are" he flashed a smile and put his hands in his pockets. "Caidence Dawson, You're the smartest person in math class"

"You're right about that" I said with a side smile

"I'm Torri, Caidence's other half" she said plainly

" Well it was nice to finally meet you Torri, Caidence I'll see you in 8th period" he smiled again

"Alright" I couldn't help but blush because his smile was so bright and beautiful

He walked off and I starred at my phone screen. The light skin boy on that one book cover, he resembled Devon. Am I seeing things? Sure I've seen Devon around school but we never talked. And we probably won't talk to each other ever again to be honest. That's just how it is. 

"So when you wanna get em done?"

"Let's go after school, my mom doesn't care what I do" I laughed