Chapter 124

Kody yawned as the music teacher droned on and on and on...

It was surprising that music was the most boring class, but there wasn't really anything to do about it.

As expected, Calla had been insufferable the entire day. She must have brainwashed Lumine and Elijah into being friends with her, because there was no way anyone would want to be around her of their own free will.

Kody slumped back in his seat, waiting for the unbelievably bland lecture to end. At least then he could go home.

It was so strange how he'd been starting to look forward to the walk home more than actually being back at home. The fifteen or so minutes he would spend twice a day walking down the streets with Lumine were surprisingly pleasant, and made waking up so early in the morning just a tiny bit more bearable.

He glanced at Lumine, who was sitting next to him. He was looking in the teacher's direction, but his eyes weren't focused on anything in particular, and he seemed to be thinking about something else entirely.

Well, he guessed that made sense. Lumine had complained several times about not knowing what was going on in class, and had asked him for help because he couldn't understand their reading homework.

Honestly, Kody could sort of relate. Not because he couldn't understand what was going on in class, but because he would often willingly ignore the teachers in favor of doing something on his phone. He never even did assignments unless they were worth a considerable amount of his grade.

He would like to help Lumine in theory, but Kody definitely wasn't the person Lumine should ask for help.

Kody glanced at the clock. Two more minutes...

Why was it that time seemed to literally move slower in school? When he was at home, he could play video games until two in the morning, and not even realize that more than twenty minutes had passed. There, though, in that strange death-trap of a school, two minutes could easily take up to an hour.

Kody almost allowed his attention to drift back to the white haired student sitting next to him, but the bell loudly rang, signaling the end of class.

Finally.

He stood up as the rest of the classroom quickly filed out the door. No one wanted to stay in that boring class a second longer than was absolutely needed.

Calla and Elijah, who were in the row behind him, exchanged a few words before beginning to walk towards the door.

Lumine paused for a second, waiting for Kody to catch up before joining them.

"Ah... I have no idea how I'm going to pass this class..." Lumine sighed, defeated.

Kody shrugged. "If you don't, who cares? The only classes you need to pass this grade are math, literature, science, and I think one more."

"Yeah, but I still wanna try my best! I'm not doing very well in those classes, either."

"I'm sure you'll do fine."

The two of them followed behind Elijah and Calla, as they chatted about something concerning lunch and a bag. Honestly, Kody didn't even care enough to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Hey, why don't you just ask your dad for help?" Kody asked.

"Oh... Well, he's really busy! He doesn't usually get home before I fall asleep, and he usually leaves before I go to school. There isn't really a lot of chances to ask, I guess." Lumine explained.

Oh. Kody knew Lumine's dad was busy a lot, but he didn't know it was to that extent. Kody usually enjoyed being alone, but he'd never been home by himself for more than a day or two. Even then, his dad would message him every hour.

Well, Kody did decide to start hanging out with Lumine more outside of school. Just to make Lumine feel better- he was his friend, and while Kody obviously didn't actually want to be around Lumine more often, it would probably help with the whole 'stop being mean to your friends' thing.

"Hm... I would offer to help with your homework, but I haven't done the work since the school year started." Kody said, "You're honestly better off asking one of your 'leaf friends' for help." He teased.

"Hey! Leaves are cool! They're such pretty colors, and only in Autumn!" Lumine insisted.

"Yeah, yeah, sure."

"I bet you have silly things that you like too!" Lumine protested.

Kody scoffed. "Like what?"

"I dunno, but I'll find out!" Lumine giggled.

Kody shook his head. Lumine was so...

"Hey, losers! Walk faster, come on! Unless you wanna stay at the school by yourselves, hurry up!" Calla shouted from a few meters ahead of them.

Kody rolled his eyes, but followed Lumine as he ran up to his two idiot friends.

Aaaaa so sorry this was late again ; ;

I was in the car and I only just got back to my laptop, so sorry if this chapter seemed rushed or anything! I didn't really have time to edit >.>

You're all awesome, cya tomorrow~

[also they were reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman for their assingment lol. None of you guessed it! I expeced at least one of you to copy and paste the summary into google, but ig you guys were more honest than that lol good job]