Chapter 78

"Hey! Guys! Guess what!!" Elijah yelled, running towards the lunch table.

Lumine looked past Kody and waved slightly. "Hi! You're usually at lunch first, where were you?"

Elijah grinned and sat next to Kody, who glared at him. "So, I was walking in the hallway! To go to lunch, obviously, where else would I be going? Maybe to the library...? Anyway, I stopped to like, tie my shoes and then I saw the bulletin board! I didn't even know our school had something like that! So like, I was looking at it and then I saw.. Uh... This!"

Elijah excitedly tossed a sheet of paper onto the table.

"Baseball..?" Lumine asked.

"I didn't know you played that game." Calla commented.

"Well... I don't... but I can always learn! Look at the bottom, it says that they'll be travelling out of the city at the end of the year! That'd be so much fun!"

Lumine nodded, confused, and Kody rolled his eyes. "Why are you excited if you don't even know how to play?"

"Well obviously I'm gonna have to practice- tryouts are on the first day of October! That's in a week; I have plenty of time to learn!" Elijah stated confidently.

Kody shook his head and took a bite out of his sandwich. It was a stupid idea, but it wasn't like he was going to be able to do anything about it.

"Wait... weren't you on the track team last year?" Calla spoke up from the other end of the table.

"Yeah!"

"Why don't you just do that again?" She asked.

"Why would I do the same sport twice in a row..? That's so boring." Elijah claimed, leaning against the table.

Honestly, Kody had no clue Elijah had been on the track team- he tended to tune out whenever Elijah would speak, and he saw no point in attending any school events.

"Anyway- you guys will help me practice, right?" Elijah asked.

"Um... I don't know what that game is... but I'll try to help!" Lumine said, smiling.

"Ah, do they not have baseball in Terranevo?" Elijah asked Lumine.

Lumine shrugged. "Well... if they do, I've never heard of it. Though, maybe it's because I was homeschooled? I'm not sure!"

"Ahh, right, right. Well, we should hang out at the park after school!" Elijah suddenly pointed at Kody. "He'll only come if you do, so please say yes!"

Lumine laughed, and nodded. "Yeah, I'll come!"

Elijah turned to Kody, and clapped his hand together, mouthing 'please'. Kody rolled his eyes.

"I don't care. I'll come if I feel like it, but don't expect me to."

Elijah clapped. "Heck yeah!"

Kody sighed. Why were his classmates all so obnoxious? 

Please someone tell me how to indent on wattpad- the 'tab' key doesn't work and I don't wanna just have my paragraphs not indented for the rest of time. ;-;