Chapter 64

Chapters 63 and 64 were uploaded the same day! This chapter won't make sense if you missed 63, so make sure to read that one first! <3

Elijah placed a box onto the table.

"Since my parents aren't here, we can just eat in the living room. Uh- let's not get the police called tonight?" He looked at Kody and Calla.

"Whatever." Kody mumbled.

"If the police get called, it won't be my fault anyway." Calla said, taking a slice from the box.

Lumine inched closer to Elijah, who seemed the safest to be around at that moment. He liked Kody and Calla, but they seemed a bit... violent... that day. 

Either way, Lumine didn't want to get hit in the face with a controller or screamed at, so he would stay out of it for the night.

They walked back into the living room. Lumine decided to sit on the carpet instead of the couch. Maybe it would be safer? He didn't know, but he did know that sitting in between Kody and Calla wasn't very fun.

Elijah plopped down next to him.

"Hey- We should play truth or dare!" He said.

Lumine nodded quickly. "That sounds fun!"

Kody shrugged. They looked at Calla.

"Sure, why not. We all know everyone is gonna choose truth the whole time, though."

Lumine sighed. Finally, a game that nobody could get angry over.

Elijah spoke up. "Alright- I'm going first! Hmm... Lumine, truth or dare?"

"Truth!" Lumine smiled, and sat against the bottom of the couch.

"Alright... Who was your first crush?" Elijah asked giddily.

Lumine thought for a moment, blushing slightly. "Ah... I'm not really sure? I haven't really met many people..."

"Is there like, an actor? Or anime character..?" Elijah prodded.

"Oh- Those count? Hm... probably Howl, from Howl's moving castle, then."

Elijah nodded. "I haven't seen that movie on ages!"

"Yeah, I used to watch it a lot when I was younger!"

Elijah looked over. "Anyway- it's your turn, Lumine!"

"Oh! Okay! Kody! Truth or dare?"

"Truth." He said without looking up.

Calla snorted from across the room.

"Told you."

Hm... What question did he want to ask..?

"Uh... If you could have any superpower, what would it be?"

Lumine couldn't think of anything he really wanted to know about Kody at the moment.

Kody shrugged. "I dunno, I guess invisibility?"

"You're supposed to pick something that you don't already have, Kody." Calla commented from the other side of the room.

Lumine glanced at Kody nervously. They weren't going to start fighting again, were they?

"Elijah, truth or dare?" Kody said through gritted teeth.

Elijah sat up confidently. "Dare!"

"Give me ten dollars." Kody said bluntly.

"Wha- can you even do that?!" Elijah groaned.

"There's no rules against it, and you chose dare. Ten dollars."

Elijah sighed, defeated. "I try to make the game more fun and this is what I get... fine, fine. Lemme get my wallet."

Elijah walked out of the room, and Lumine was once again stuck in a room with Kody and Calla. Hopefully, nothing would happen.

Back to normal updates tomorrow~

<3