Chapter 77

Lumine rolled over. It was finally morning!

It was a good thing he was able to fall back to sleep last night, otherwise he could've been awfully tired.

Lumine sat up, and stretched. Happily, he hopped out of bed. Even if he had a few hours before he actually had to start heading to school, Lumine was excited to finally get out of the house after being sick inside all the previous day.

He quickly made his way over to his closet, wondering what he should wear for the day. It was still warm out, so most of his outfits wouldn't be very comfortable- after all, they were more suited to the cold weather he was used to.

Lumine picked out a T-shirt with a cloud on it and some shorts- that would work, right? He was used to wearing sweaters and other warm garments. Most of his wardrobe would cause him to melt in seconds if he tried to wear them in Solefor, at least in the summertime.

Setting his clothes down on a table, he went to go get ready for the day.

"Good morning Kody!" Lumine called.

"Are you just gonna say the same thing every morning?" Kody asked.

Lumine nodded happily, and waited for Kody to catch up.

"What else am I supposed to say? You're supposed to say 'good morning' when you greet people, right? That's what my Aunt told me!"

"Yeah, but... whatever, I guess." Kody shrugged. "You seem a lot better than you were yesterday."

"I am! Being sick sucks, I hope I don't get sick again." Lumine commented, blinking as the sun came out from behind a cloud.

"Maybe you wouldn't get sick if you didn't do stupid things." Kody sighed.

"Hey..! I wanted to at least try making food. I never learned how to cook! When I was back home, my Aunt would usually make food, but here I almost have to order food when I'm hungry!" Lumine complained.

"You're fourteen and don't know how to cook. I'm surprised you didn't poison yourself sooner." Kody said, taking out his phone.

"Hm... Oh! You said you'd show me how, right?" Lumine suddenly perked up.

"...No."

"Huh? I thought you said..." Lumine trailed off.

"I never said anything like that." Kody lied.

Lumine looked at Kody, confused. Was he just imagining things because he was sick? Lumine walked around a small flower, not wanting to step on it.

"Anyway, if you can't even make a sandwich without dying you're probably a lost cause." Kody continued.

"That's mean..."

"It's true though. Hurry up or we'll be late again." Kody said, walking ahead of Lumine.

"Fine!" Lumine sped up.

I have been informed that today was international 'insult Kody' day. Unfortunately I didn't get the memo until too late! Feel free to insult the tsundere emo teenager all you want, though.

So sorry for the late chapter~