Chapter Fifteen

Well, this was awkward.

After saying goodbye, Lumine and Kody ended up going in the exact same direction. Neither mentioned anything, and continued walking side by side in complete silence.

Looking around him, Lumine realized that the neighborhood looked completely different in the nighttime. When he looked closer, he could definitely recognize certain houses and yards that he'd passed on his way to and from school. It would be easy to get lost...

He decided to just stick close to Kody until he went in a direction Lumine definitely didn't recognize. As well, it was dark, and he was in a new place. He definitely didn't want to be caught walking alone in the dark. He seemed to be going in the same... general path as he'd gone to get home from school at the moment, so he probably lived in the same area of town. He walked slightly closer to Kody, glancing at him to see if he'd notice.

Either he didn't notice, or he didn't care, because he didn't even briefly look at Lumine as he'd moved closer to him. They continued walking, and to Lumine's surprise they seemed to be going in the same direction the entire time. Eventually, Kody stopped.

"Uh, I'm at my house.. So, bye I guess."

"Really?!" Lumine exclaimed. "I live right there!" Lumine pointed at his house, a few houses down from Kodys. "Guess that means we're neighbors!"

"I guess." Kody said, looking away.

"Bye!" Lumine started walking away. "I'll see you tomorrow!"

Kody entered his house. Lumine smiled, turned around, and walked a bit up the street to his own house. How exciting was it, to be meeting one of his neighbors so soon?

Lumine opened the door, appreciating the cool air. Lumine quickly turned the air conditioning down. Afterall, it wasn't as hot out now, and his dad didn't need to know how reckless he'd been with it.

Taking a slice of leftover pizza from earlier out of the oven, Lumine walked into his room. This was one of the few times Lumine began to regret putting his bed on the loft. Holding onto the pizza in his mouth, he climbed up the ladder and flopped on his bed. He looked at the stuffed animals still lying on the floor that he'd forgotten to put back.

One was a regular brown teddy bear that Lumine had gotten for Christmas the previous year, and a white bunny that he'd had ever since he could remember. He leaned over and picked it up.

Apparently it was one of the last things his mother had given to him before she died. He had been too young to remember her, but it was still important to him. He felt slightly guilty for leaving it on the floor. He brushed it off and set it back on his bed carefully.

He finished eating, and put all of his school supplies away for the night. It was only nine, but he was exhausted. He remembered the chocolate bar Elijah had given him at lunch. He took it out of his pocket, and to his surprise, It hadn't melted! Lumine placed it on his bedside table and began getting ready for bed.

Hi! The way I've been putting the chapters out has been waiting until I had a decent amount, and then publishing them all at once. Do you guys like it that way, or would you rather have daily/near daily chapters? Let me know! Also, Thanks so much for 200+ views and getting to the #1 spot for the Lumine tag??? I don't know how it's possible, but I'm really glad people like the story. Thanks so much for reading, see you next week! (Or, tomorrow! Let me know!)