Chapter 112

"Are we finally here?!"

"Yeah."

Lumine excitedly ran ahead of Kody, stopping front a large door, leading to a larger shop. Bookstores were always so much fun to be in- he almost forgot how amazing they were!

The shop in question was larger than expected- it looked to have about two stories, with large glass doors in the front- like a grocery store, or a mall. Inside, he could see shelves upon shelves of books, with people wandering in between them. There seemed to be only one cash register, with a lone tired-looking college student scanning an endless line of books.

"Let's go." Kody said, walking in front of Lumine and into the shop.

Lumine nodded happily, and walked inside alongside his friend.

"The comics and manga and stuff like that is upstairs, it's close to a window." Kody said quietly as they walked past the front desk.

"Do you come here a lot?" Lumine asked, looking around the building.

"I told you, I usually buy stuff online."

"Oh! Right!" Lumine remembered, slightly embarrassed. "Well, we should come here a lot! Look how many books there are!"

Kody shrugged."Don't know what's so exciting about that."

"Don't you like to read?"

"Well- I dunno, I guess? I used to read a lot, but I don't anymore." Kody explained.

"I like reading! Maybe we can-" Lumine interrupted himself by tripping over a basket filled with used books.

Kody watched Lumine quickly stand back up with a blank, vaguely amused expression. "Uh, you good?"

"Yeah... I didn't see that there!"

"Clearly."

Embarrassed to have made such a fool out of himself not even a minute after entering the store, Lumine resumed walking next to Kody.

They made their way to a staircase, and determined not to trip, Lumine followed Kody upstairs. The upper floor of the building was pretty much the same as the first, only with occasional soft chairs and cushions scattered about.

There were less people there- a group of around four children, looking to be about nine or ten, crowded around a shelf of books that Lumine couldn't make out the covers of. There was a lady in her mid-forties, as well as two college students sitting on some of the cushions. They had large books in their hands, but they seemed to be on their phones instead of studying.

Lumine's attention was redirected to Kody, who'd started walking towards the other end of the room.

"Here are the comics and stuff, I guess..." Kody mumbled, gesturing in the direction of books near the corner of the room.

"Thanks!" Lumine smiled appreciatively.

Kody shrugged awkwardly, and Lumine turned around to inspect the shelves. Squinting slightly, he read the titles.

"Oh! This one looks fun!" Lumine exclaimed, pulling out the comic and showing it to Kody.

Kody read it, and looked at Lumine quizzically. "'Not So Shoujo Love Story'..." Lumine nodded excitedly. "Do you only read romance comics?"

"Romance comics are good!" Lumine insisted. "Most of the other comics are boring..."

"Boring? How?"

"Well, the characters are never very interesting! And if the characters aren't interesting, I get bored really fast..." Lumine said, scanning the pages of the comic.

"Okay, fair, but how do romance stories have interesting characters? They all seem literally the same." Kody said.

"What? Which ones are the same?" Lumine asked.

"Like, all of them." Kody said, rolling his eyes.

Lumine thought for a minute. "Hm... well, which ones have you read?"

"Well... I don't actually read romance..." Kody muttered.

"Oh... Well! You can borrow some of mine then!" Lumine offered happily.

"Um-"

"I'll give it to you tomorrow at school- is that okay? Then you can just give it back on Monday!"

Kody hesitated. "You really don't have to-"

"I know you don't really like romance, so I'll try to find one I think you would like, okay?" Lumine looked at Kody for an answer.

Kody gave up, and sighed. "Alright, fine."

Lumine clapped, excitedly. "Yay!"

Grabbing the book he was holding, as well as the next two in the series, Lumine and Kody walked back to the stairs to pay, and leave the store.

I'm back!!

 Sorry for kind of sort of hiatus? The vaccine left me a bit tired, as well as my arm being sore, so I wasn't really able to write the last few days! All better now, back to regular updates!! <3

(Also at some point this week there will be two chapters in one day to make up for it, so look forwards to that! ^-^)