Chapter 108

"Ugh! What's taking him so long?!" Calla complained.

The three students were waiting on a bench outside the school. Elijah was supposed to be there- seven minutes ago.

It was warm again. The weather couldn't seem to make up its mind. Everyday Kody basically had to guess whether or not he needed to wear warm clothes. He'd brought a hoodie today, and didn't even end up using it.

"Ugh- could Elijah be any slower?" Calla rolled her eyes, taking out her phone.

"Maybe he got lost..?" Lumine attempted.

Calla sighed. "Lumine, you're the only one who gets lost walking in their own school."

"Oh..."

Calla finished typing something on her phone, and waited a few seconds. "Ugh! That stupid... Elijah stayed after to help the coach put up the equipment. Could've at least told us, dumbass."

"So... Do we wait longer then?" Lumine asked.

"I guess."

Lumine nodded, and put his backpack onto the ground. "Alright!"

"Geez... I don't know why I even bother. If Elijah wants to be late, I don't care, but at least don't make us wait." Calla said passive aggressively.

"It probably won't be too long, right? I'm fine waiting!" Lumine said.

"Yeah, well you... Whatever, I can't think of anything. We had a test first thing in the morning and now my brain doesn't work." Calla muttered.

"Really? Which class?" Lumine asked.

"Math. I know I probably did bad, but at least I know I definitely did better than Kody." Calla said smugly.

"You were the one who took the longest in the whole class to turn in your paper." Kody said, finally speaking up.

"Yeah, yeah. Not too worried, considering you failed math class three semesters in a row once." Calla snickered.

"Really? I think Kody is pretty good at math..." Lumine commented.

"Anyone is good at math compared to you." Calla sighed. "Even Kody, somehow. With his whole two braincells."

Kody rolled his eyes. For some reason, he and Calla had consistently been put in the same math class almost every year. It was as if they wanted to make an already awful class ten times worse.

"Whatever, anyway- I may not be good at math, but at least I can actually pass a class without teachers giving me passing grades out of pity." She said.

"And yet you're still stupid. You'd think if you were so 'smart', you'd eventually learn to shut up."

Calla opened her mouth to say something else- before Lumine interrupted.

"Oh, look! Um.. Elijah is here! Maybe... stop fighting now?" Lumine pleaded.

"I'm sorry Kody made you uncomfortable, Lumine. Won't happen again, I promise." Calla said, shooting Kody a glare before walking up to Elijah.

Kody rolled his eyes. Why on earth were Lumine and Elijah friends with her?