Chapter 90

Lumine waited by his door, excited.

He didn't expect Kody to actually agree to come over, but he did!

Still... He didn't like Mac and cheese... that might've been a deal breaker.

There was a knock at the door, and Lumine jumped up. He quickly unlocked it.

"Hi Kody!" Lumine said, excited.

"Hi..."

They stood awkwardly for a moment. What were they supposed to do now..?

Lumine laughed nervously and backed up from the door, allowing Kody inside.

"Thank you! You really didn't have to come over if you didn't want to, I was just joking around-"

"No, it's fine. Otherwise you'd probably poison yourself again or destroy something." Kody interrupted.

Lumine smiled at him. He knew it was probably true- still, it was really nice of him to go out of his way to bring Lumine food.

"You should... um, warm it up." Kody started handing the container to Lumine, before pausing.

"Um... actually, can you heat it up? I'm not very good with microwaves... or ovens... or toasters..." Lumine trailed off.

Kody sighed. "Yeah, sure. Whatever."

"Thank you!"

Lumine led Kody into the kitchen, wondering how his personality could change so drastically in the span of a few minutes. On their phone call, he'd been a lot more talkative. Same with when they were doing homework. But now, he was a lot more closed off, like he'd been at school that day.

Maybe if they became closer, Kody would stop randomly being so cold? Lumine hoped so, at least. He liked when Kody had actual conversations with him; it was fun!

Lumine stepped back, letting Kody put the container into the microwave. He hit '30 seconds' and started to walk away.

"Ah- where are you going?" Lumine asked, surprised.

"Huh..?"

"Oh- um... I was wondering if maybe you wanted to stay for a bit..?" Lumine asked nervously.

Kody paused.

"I mean, I really don't like being home alone..! And, you're already here, so... could we hang out for a little while?"

Kody hesitated, then slowly nodded. "Yeah... sure, if you want."

Lumine smiled, and clapped slightly as the microwave beeped behind him.

"Yay! Hmm... what should we do, then?"

Kody shrugged.

Lumine sighed. "Ummmm... we could watch a movie? Or a show! Or... I can't really think of anything else!"

"That's fine." He said quietly.

"Alright! What do you like to watch?" Lumine asked.

Kody shrugged again. This wasn't a very active conversation...

"Well... I guess I get to choose then!" Lumine said giddily.

Kody's eyes briefly flashed with fear before he sighed. "Sure, just don't put on anything stupid."

"I won't! I promise!"

"I said not to put on anything stupid..."

"Sailor moon isn't stupid!" Lumine protested.

They'd moved Lumine's carpet to the wall, and sat against it watching shows on Lumine's laptop.