Twenty | Proposal

Modern Au | Fluff

Summary- Just read the Title

-

All of their friends have started to get married, settled down, and even one is pregnant. Naruto and Sasuke have been dating for 6 years and neither ever proposed, not that it really mattered. Neither really cared about marriage, they were always just having fun doing stuff as boyfriends. They had moved in together three years ago, and were now rounding 25. 

Another factor was that they were never very romantic. Though Naruto was pretty clingy, their dates weren't calm dinner dates, they were things like playing a sport, fishing, or sometimes going to the shooting range where Naruto would obliterate the  target. They didn't do much mushy stuff, maybe just cuddling on the couch or in bed(which was always initiated by Naruto), good morning kisses, or occasional sex(Initiated by Sasuke)

So, at the end of the day, Sasuke had no idea how to propose. His mother had been nagging for moth about them getting married, even Itachi ended up pushing Sasuke. His Father, on the other hand couldn't give a flying fuck if Sasuke got married or not. Thinking about his family, a question rose in the back of his head.

Am I supposed to ask for permission to marry Naruto? Is that how it works?

Sasuke was a dumbass. The only time he had seen some sort of proposal were in the books he read, which had always been heterosexual relationships. He didn't know if it was different or not since they were gay. He also knew that Naruto's father never liked him much, his Mom loved him, but his father was always keeping an eye on them when he visited. Out of annoyance at the subject, Sasuke turned to Naruto's Best Friend, since he couldn't talk to Suigetsu in case he would blab about it to Naruto. Shikamaru would be too lazy to talk about it. He had proposed to his Fiancé over dinner, that's what Sasuke heard from Naruto.

"So, your asking me how to ask Naruto to Marry him?" Shikamaru rephrased the previous statement. Sasuke hesitantly nodded, staring at the man across from him. 

Shikamaru raised an eyebrow at the desperate look, picking up the tea cup in front of him and taking a sip. Inside his head he was plotting a way to get something out of this, I mean it's not everyday that the Great and Almighty Uchiha comes to ask for help.

"How much are you paying?" Shikamaru spoke up. Sasuke stared in disbelief, the hand holding him up slipping down, causing his face to have impact with the booth table. A loud bump echoed through the cafe, earning looks from other customers. A proper glare to each fixed that.

"Why would I pay you?!" He whispered harshly at the other male, who had a small smirk placed on his lips.

"Simple, you want your proposal to go right, and I've known Naruto longer than you, so therefore I can make it tens times better...or you could do a half-assed job and get yourself rejected" Shikamaru said bluntly, taking another sip of his tea. Sasuke grit his teeth, one eye twitching.

'I could propose to Naruto without his help' He told himself, but he still need help.

"Whatever, we can talk about that later, I have a question" Sasuke said in an obviously annoyed tone. Shikamaru mentally snickered, he was only ever a sadist when it came to the Uchiha.

"Shoot" The so called pineapple took another sip of the tea, waiting with amusement.

"Do I...Do I like have to, you know...ask his dad?" Sasuke said hesitantly. He quickly adverted his gaze away from Shikamaru.

"Nah, I didn't" Shikamaru quickly replied. The raven shot his head up, giving the man an 'are-you-kidding-me' look.

"Both of Temari's parents are dead, of course you didn't!" Sasuke snapped at him, a few more people to give him odd looks. He again glared at each one, who quickly adverted their attentions away from the nasty look.