Twenty Two | Safety of our Home

Normal Au??| Angst(with a happy ending)

Summary- To prove himself, Sasuke leaves the village for a second time, doing good deeds all around the 5 Great Nations. At home he left his lover and their children.

-

Sasuke left 10 years ago. He left Naruto with their three children, Menma, Boruto, and Sarada. The only reason they were able to have children was Orochimaru, who helped them using jutsu. At the time Menma was 3, he barley remembered his father. Boruto and Sarada were only a few months old. Naruto continued his Jonin duties while raising the children with the help of Sakura and Kakashi. He was destined to become Hokage sometime soon, which would end up having him leave the children with Sakura during the day.

He missed Sasuke, a lot. They had exchanged letters every month, Sasuke telling stories on his journey while Naruto would tell him all about the kids. It wasn't enough for either of them. Sasuke hated that he wasn't there for his children's childhood, but he needed to prove that he was there to help the nations, not hurt them like he had done before. Over the years, he became very homesick. He missed his lover, his children, and maybe even his team.(Not including Sai)

It was at the point he couldn't hold back anymore. Sasuke was ready to finally head home.

-

Naruto was trying to sleep and it for sure wasn't working. Key word, trying. He had been kept up all last night when Boruto wouldn't go to sleep. Sarada was calm, quiet, and a lot like Sasuke. On the other hand Menma was loud and wild. Boruto had gotten Naruto's stubbornness and wouldn't do anything unless he was bribed. 

It was now 4 in the morning. 4 in the fucking morning.

Boruto had fallen asleep around an hour ago. It was all going well, The blond Jonin was slowly falling into a rest-

"PAPA!" A loud shriek circulated through the air of their home. Naruto's eye twitched. He sat up from his bed, catching the full view of his thirteen year old in the doorway.

"Yes, what is it Menma?" Naruto asked in a stern tone. Suddenly, Menma bit his quivering lip, his eyes filling up with tears. He lunged at his father, wrapping his arms around his neck and crying on his shoulder. Naruto ran circles on his back, his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"..when is dad coming home?"

Naruto's heart stopped. His confused expression turned soft, a sad smile placed on his lips.

"Uhm...why?" Naruto asked. He honestly had no actual answer to that question.

"Well...I had a dream, Daddy finally came home and we were all a family again..." Menma said with a sad look. The raven pulled away, sitting on his father's lap and rubbing his eyes. Naruto sighed, running a hand through his blond locks.

"Daddy is doing nice things for other people...once he Is done he will come home" Naruto replied with a sad smile. Menma looked at him, a frown on his lips.

"He has been 'doing nice things' for years! At this point I'm starting to think he died, or just left us" The boy admitted, crossing his arms and adverting his eyes. 

Naruto stayed silent. He had no idea how to respond to that either.

"So is that it? Your silent" Menma asked. 

"Daddy loves us very much, but he is making up for his mistakes, okay?" Naruto ran a hand through the spiked raven hair. Menma's eyebrows furrowed, his frown becoming lager.

"He's making a mistake by not being here. Boruto and Sarada dont even know who he is!" Menma shouted. He got up from the bed, running out of the room and into his bedroom.